AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys, i've read as much as I could possibly stand (damn this thread is long) but need an answer regarding some quirky things my new box is having. yes, firmware is at .10

1)If I select a satellite dish, I cannot tune to one of my local HD stations (specifically, channel 5-1, Dallas). All it says is something like channel doesn't exist, not a correct channel or something to that affect. If I select No Dish, I can tune it no probs.

2)Changing channels using the channel -/+ button (problem appears less if I tune directly), results in this loud 'clattering', stuttering sound with the audio before it tunes in. VERY ANNOYING. Especially when I'm running it through my HT system; it's HELLALOUD.

3)I called DirecTV (PS, why is everyone referring to them as D*?) to inquire of packages. The rep told me, "Once you activate the card you are LOCKED into a 1-year contract." Surely this isn't true? I'm in texas and I want to say with almost complete confidence the state allows for a 72-hour forfeiture period for all contracts, especially when the contract is sight-unseen, or in this case, unread?

4)When I tried to order an HD PPV movie last night 10 minutes before it started, I would select 'OK' to purchase and the unit would completely shut down and have re-acquire guide data. Once the movie had already started, but after the 5-minute free view period, I was then able to go to the menu and purchase the movie? Any one know the reason for this?

thanks for any assistance!

raze

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.