AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddd99 /forum/post/19548181

My new screen smells my whole room up it's killing me I don't even Want to be in there. Any suggestions to help get rid of this strong odor

Just have to give it some time... it will subside!

If it is a drop down screen obviously leave it in the down position to air out and if a fixed screen you are already exposed so again give it some time!

Obviously, I would think if you can open a window to allow some air flow it would help with the Strong overpowering smell.

I had a pull up screen and it was only a 73" diagonal and I know what you mean as the smell was really over the top. After leaving the screen extended and up after a couple of weeks the smell really started to dissipate and the smell really started to decline from there.

...Glenn

·
Registered
787 Posts
My silverscreen had a very strong smell of paint solvent.

It stayed for about a month, and now it's fine. It still smells a little if you put your nose right on it but I don't need to keep the windows open all day long.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Kinda makes me laugh, I'm only in my 30's and I still remember the smell from my childhood because my father used to paint using high voc's back then... just imagine what it smells like when it's all over you, lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.