Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

I have finally decided to make a new SDI adaption board that will take

in almost any digital stream from MPEG decoders that you can imagine.

This design must be programmed for each source you want to use it but we have already succesfully modified the DENON A1 high end DVD player.

This could not be done in the past as it has no embedded syncs and it is a real beast to get by with.

I will post from time to time if we have any new set top boxes or DVD players we have succesfully modified.

As I have no overview of DVD players or set top boxes in USA I cannot answer specific questions on these units and their upgradability with SDI.

If you are in desperate need we will have to have the unit here in Germany and have a look inside it.

I also recommend that you involve Alan from Avscience if you are interested in a custom modification of a special unit, that could not be modified in the past.

Our new design can take in up to 20 Bit and any combination of sync.

· Registered
325 Posts
Good news for us European people,

It´s easy to install by myself?

It´s OK for Panasonic DVD RA82? and for Satelite Receivers?

It´s available?

How much does it cost?

Nacho.

· Registered
9,224 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Gordon Fraser
afaik It's impossible to extract the digital information directly from the Pantera chipset that TAG use in the DVD/FLR32. So I think you are going to be out of luck!

Gordon
Not sure of this model but I have heard of some DVD players with combination MPEG decoderrs and DACS + NTSC encoders all in one chip. This is not some conspiracy to cripple SDI mods. It's merely manufacturing economy. Why not put everything you need in one big chip? Sure made some $60 DVD players possible!

· Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the RA-82 does not need this new board, I modified them using our

standard board. You will need this adpation board only if there is a seperate H and V sync instead of being part of the 8 Bit video data

(embedded).

For the TAG I would say the Panterra chip does have the port, but

I do not know if it is activated and if it is accessible in terms of soldering

cables there.

· Registered
97 Posts
You can get it to work with the Denon A1? That's great!

I'm thinking of getting the new Denon 2900 myself, hopefully by the end of this month. I'd like to try that with the SDI input on the Holo3DGraph and then to my Toshiba MT7. Any thoughs if the 2900 will be compatible? And can you give an estimate of the cost (by PM, if you prefer)? I live in Amsterdam, The Netherlands.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.