AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received my seatcraft Rialto 3 row setup...purchased from 4seating without any issues...just set them up loosely and will adjust them a bit after a break ...overall I am very happy, came from lesser expensive bonded leather so this top grain seat feels so much better. The riserless design also helped me clean up the room a bit and allowed for an addition row for my room. I was worried the front row would be too low for some adults but they really work well and it’s quite comfortable...

Will update my mini-review after I have lived with them for a month or so.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
They look good bud...

·
Registered
736 Posts
I have the middle and back rows, 4 each, in my theater. I'm really happy with them so far, but slightly concerned about how they're going to hold up long term.

There's nothing wrong with them, but the leather and construction is obviously not up to the standard of my living room furniture. Of course, I didn't pay nearly as much for them either. At their price, it wouldn't be a big deal if I eventually had to replace a couple of them.

One thing I've considered is rotating them around over time so that they all get even wear. The center seats get a lot more use than the ones on the ends.

·
Registered
180 Posts
My Rialto seats were just delivered, I got 2 rows of three, one middle row and one back row. I only unboxed them and set them in the room since I haven't yet begun getting my theater room started, but they seem pretty good for the price. Having the taller back row seats is what sold me on the Rialto series since I was initially going to build a riser, but thought it would be much better to go with these seats due to the size and layout of my room. Hopefully they will hold up over time, but I don't expect them to see a lot of daily use, so they should be just fine, especially since they aren't bonded leather.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that is a lot of chairs!
We host many events...kids parties, guy movie day....my wife does girls night and they watch a chick flick and we always had overflow with my last setup (5 seats)...should not be an issue now...however last ladies night was 18!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have the middle and back rows, 4 each, in my theater. I'm really happy with them so far, but slightly concerned about how they're going to hold up long term.

There's nothing wrong with them, but the leather and construction is obviously not up to the standard of my living room furniture. Of course, I didn't pay nearly as much for them either. At their price, it wouldn't be a big deal if I eventually had to replace a couple of them.

One thing I've considered is rotating them around over time so that they all get even wear. The center seats get a lot more use than the ones on the ends.
The seats these replaced were also seatcraft...but bonded leather. I had them for 3 years with zero issues and we used them 3-4 times a week. When I sold them they were like new ( minus a non functioning led cup, result of a wine incident)

What I think helps is no uv light ...being in the basement there isn’t any of that to fade them.

Keep them clean, condition them occasionally and they should last a long time.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi All,

I am looking at these chairs as well. Do you have any thoughts on if I would only have 2 rows (3 per row)? Would you recommend back and middle or front and middle. I know fronts do not recline. Are the back row a pain to get in and out of?

Also did you get power recline? I'm wondering how the power cord is located since I'll have to think about how to plug them in. How long are they? Can they be daisy chained?

Does anyone know of a reputable place to get these online besides 4seating? They are backordered on the black for a couple months!

·
Registered
736 Posts
Hi All,

I am looking at these chairs as well. Do you have any thoughts on if I would only have 2 rows (3 per row)? Would you recommend back and middle or front and middle. I know fronts do not recline. Are the back row a pain to get in and out of?

Also did you get power recline? I'm wondering how the power cord is located since I'll have to think about how to plug them in. How long are they? Can they be daisy chained?

Does anyone know of a reputable place to get these online besides 4seating? They are backordered on the black for a couple months!
1) the back row is only raised 6" and it is no problem to get into, even for kids

2) there is no daisy chaining the power cords. And each chair has a power transformer box with several feet of cord on either side of it.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi All,

If I was only needing two rows I would go with the back and middle, although the front ones are great too, I have seen some build a small riser step if you are concerned with people having issues sitting but I have had zero issues with anyone getting in or out of the back row and I actually think they are more comfortable than the other two rows but that might just be because they sit higher And just feel differently.

I have power recline but converted all to battery since I didn’t want the hassle of dealing with plugging in 8 chairs, the batteries work great but obviously add cost. I purchased all of my batteries on eBay used or refurbished to reduce cost...

Good luck...awesome seats!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I am curious about the front row seats. Is there really no trouble getting in and out of them? It just seems to me that being so close to the floor that this could cause issues with some people. How high is the seating surface?

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am curious about the front row seats. Is there really no trouble getting in and out of them? It just seems to me that being so close to the floor that this could cause issues with some people. How high is the seating surface?
Its really not as bad as youd think, they are about 10-12 “ above the ground... i was really worried about this but because i entertain many kids as well as adults i figured only the kids or overflow adults would ever sit there but every large group ive had where adults had to sit in those seats have nothing but good things to say and have no issue getting up...and ive had some that i thought for sure would have issues, ive sat in them several times and its surprisingly very nice... my original plan was to get equal height ottomans but there is no need, the height just works

·
Registered
8 Posts
dumb question; how do you connect these seats?
I just received a row of 4 middle seatcraft Rialto seats, but I can't figure out how to connect them to each other. We have tile in our room and they keep sliding apart. Am I missing something?
Thanks

·
Registered
736 Posts
No, they don't connect together. I suppose you could get some C clamps and try to clamp them together.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
58 Posts
dumb question; how do you connect these seats?
I just received a row of 4 middle seatcraft Rialto seats, but I can't figure out how to connect them to each other. We have tile in our room and they keep sliding apart. Am I missing something?
Thanks
There should be a bracket on the lower bottom edge that can be used to hook them together. Mine all had them pre-attached from the factory. I ordered the sofa style (middle seat had no arms). Not sure if other styles do not come with the brackets.

·
Registered
8 Posts
There should be a bracket on the lower bottom edge that can be used to hook them together. Mine all had them pre-attached from the factory. I ordered the sofa style (middle seat had no arms). Not sure if other styles do not come with the brackets.
I guess that bracket only comes w/ seats that don't have arms on either side.

Really wish there were was a way to connect these seats. They keep sliding every time someone gets up. Becomes REALLY aggravating on the chair that is directly above the outlet as when the seat moves, it keeps kicking off the power.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I guess that bracket only comes w/ seats that don't have arms on either side.

Really wish there were was a way to connect these seats. They keep sliding every time someone gets up. Becomes REALLY aggravating on the chair that is directly above the outlet as when the seat moves, it keeps kicking off the power.
I have the same issue with seats from HTMarket (though I'm in process of building theater in a new house and considering these Rialto's as we'll have two rows this time around). In my case we had seats on wood floors and they would slide all over. The solution:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0055U5MZI

These pads are amazing. Once you put them under all the feet of the chair, it feels like its bolted to the floor. There are a variety of sizes too (round, square, big, small), so just see how big the chair feet are and get ones that will fit accordingly :).

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the same issue with seats from HTMarket (though I'm in process of building theater in a new house and considering these Rialto's as we'll have two rows this time around). In my case we had seats on wood floors and they would slide all over. The solution:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0055U5MZI

These pads are amazing. Once you put them under all the feet of the chair, it feels like its bolted to the floor. There are a variety of sizes too (round, square, big, small), so just see how big the chair feet are and get ones that will fit accordingly :).
Thanks; looks good. I'll order a couple (since I have tile everywhere).

btw,
It turns out that since the Rialto seats were out of stock, my wife got the Grenada ones. I ended up using straight brackets to attach them together (see https://www.avsforum.com/forum/32-t...68-seatcraft-grenada-connecting-brackets.html)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts