AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is on the horizon for new hd direct view sets? specifically 16:9. I find a thread here and there about a new model, but no good list of new models coming up.

sony xbr800? does sampo have a new model? daewoo?

·
Registered
826 Posts
There are several direct view 16:9 sets coming out in the next several months. Just to name a few: RCA will have a 34" without an integrated tuner. Sony, Toshiba, Philips, and Panasonic will all be replacing their 34" sets; all don't have intregrated tuners. Main difference will be DVI and some new software improvements. One I've had my eye on for a while is the new Zenith set. Has a built in HDTV tuner, list price is $2500. Should be out sometime late next month. That's what I'm holding out for!!

Happy shopping!

Ralph:cool:

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Does anybody have information on when Sony will release the replacement for the KD-34XBR2? I hear they will have 34", 36" and 40" sets but the release information has been somewhat vague.

·
Registered
826 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
It is shown on the Crutchfield.com site and has a list price of $1499. Looks like a smaller version of the 40" Wega black trim with silver speakers, very nice looking and has plenty of features including DVI due out 6/05/02...

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Too bad you can't *order* a HDTV like you do a computer, man my bill would be so much as I know what I want! TV mfrs. are like car dealers if you want a red window crank, that's in the the Eddie Browser Package. Eddie Browser Pkg. will only set you back another 2 grand blah blah blah!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by wilkemp
It is shown on the Crutchfield.com site and has a list price of $1499. Looks like a smaller version of the 40" Wega black trim with silver speakers, very nice looking and has plenty of features including DVI due out 6/05/02...
Actually, I think it's the HV (for $1899) that'll have the DVI port. The HS is sweet, though. I saw it at CC and it looks very nice.

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
From what I've heard, the KV-34XBR800 is *NOT* a replacement for the KD-34XBR2. I believe Sony wants to have both the tuner and non-tuner versions out on the market.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.