AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time poster here, getting ready to move into my new place and researching my audio options to go with my new HD plasma (Panny G20 or Sam B860 for those interested, haven't pinned that down yet)

First, thanks to all the valuable opinions/insight/suggestions provided by this community. Your posts are most appreciated. I am looking into setting up a nice 5.1 or 7.1 speaker system in a small/med size living room without going too nuts (price and quality). I haven't narrowed down my receivers yet but that's another time. My budget is flexible to a degree (trying to keep the speaker budget to $800, I don't consider myself an audiophile but I know the difference between low and high end. I started looking into options like the Klipsch HD 500 or ENERGY RC-Micro. Then I came across an older POLK CS300 center channel I had laying around when I started a system a few years ago that never happened. It's basically brand new. Should I build around this Center or continue down the path of getting all new components? I have never really gotten to enjoy this center speaker and its been so long since I bought it, I have no idea what to expect from it. I appreciate anyone who has an input on this center. Did some searching but couldn't find much beyond specs...Thanks for the time

·
Registered
490 Posts
Think about maybe using the $800 for the L/R and add the center and rears later.

does the $800 include the subwoofer?

Do you have any preferences on speakers?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for replying santa, I respect Polk, JBL, and Klipsch from my experiences with home and car setups. my new home is condo so I don't want my speakers too be too large in sound and size. I am looking for good performance with budget in mind, without too much compromise in highs and mids, as love music as well

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do notice folks here talk highly of Energy speakers. I plan on heading out tomorrow to sample some sounds from this brand in the store.

·
Registered
999 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by veroniTV /forum/post/18214194

I do notice folks here talk highly of Energy speakers. I plan on heading out tomorrow to sample some sounds from this brand in the store.

If you want small speakers you might want to take a look at saturdayaudio and look at Monitor Audio's Radius Series. They have them for a pretty decent price.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts