AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. Not sure what I am doing wrong here. I just upgraded my old launch 360 Premium to a new Slim 250GB in my dedicated theater. Before I purchased the slim I made sure that the AV cables that worked with the premium were compatible with the Slim, which they supposedly are from everything I have read. I am forced to use component rather than HDMI due to the non availability of free HDMI inputs on my pre/pro. Anyway, I fired up my new console and transferred the licenses and Live Account Gamertag over fine, but during system setup, I cannot get any video mode other than 480p to work on the new Slim using the Component cables (that I used and had working fine on the Premium). The screen flashes and shows the new resolution (ie 720p etc) briefly with the confirmation box to accept the change, but then the slim automatically selects revert back and I am stuck with 480p (this event takes place within a matter of seconds). I also cannot get sound either, which I am using an optical connection to get for DD. I had 1080i and DD working fine on the premium with the same equipment and settings (and same component/optical cables), but swapping out the premium for the slim is driving me bonkers. Yes I have a 1080p display, yes my pre/pro accepts hd over component, yes the component cable is set to hdtv. But I have verified all of these settings along with my pre/pro etc anyway just to rule them all out. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I have the same cable from my launch 360 on my new 250bg slim and have no issues getting mine to play in HD. Before I read your whole post I figured you didn't have hdtv switched on the cable but I saw you said you had that set right.

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Crap...grrrrrreat...I have an Integra 9.8 pre/pro and it supports up to 1080i over component...but it just isnt working...not sure what to do.

UPDATE:

On the horn with support right now...Ill see what they say.

Keep the ideas coming please. :'(

1 - 3 of 3 Posts