Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

There is a new software version for the HT300 available. I haven't tried it myself yet (maybe Monday), but I wanted to inform you already.

You find it on the website www.kinozuhause.de/news.html . On the 13/05/2002 you will find a "more info". Clicking here will give you access to the new software.

good luck and keep us informed.

Greetings from Belgium

Marc Bosmans
www.adynco.com (HomeCinema Center)

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Marc,

thanks for info.

SIM2 is at present working on 2.07, but it has no big difference with the others (I'm now using 2.05 built 16).

Any major problem has been fixed starting from 2.04, even if I prefer what they done with 2.05 and beyond (could never appreciate vertical sharpness!)

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Hallo Marc,

Many thanks indeed for the link. I have to admit that my mind is fairly boggling with all this development. So, they are now working on 2.07! Marc and Andrea, I'd really be interested to know what changes this makes to the picture quality. I feel kind of superstitious about it. I really love the pic quality I'm getting currently and I'd hate to spoil it. I look forward to your views.

Best Wishes,

Paul H

·
Premium Member
16,963 Posts
What a nice problem for a company to have..there customers are so happy with the performace of their projectors they are scared to upgrade to the next level of performance.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Alan,

that's why I never use a new OS from Microsoft, nor new drivers from ATI... ;) ;) ;)

No more hair on my head, and I haven't time for experiencing "free trouble".

More, a new firmware means a new calibration (you should know this! ;) ) and if everything is according to your wishes... why?

Anyhow, I'll do it: you can't stop progress!!!

Paul, we'll keep in touch...

·
Registered
100 Posts
version 206 is a bug fix.

It gets rid of some artifacts associated with the pixel works scaler. It also resolves an issue with the R12 interface unit.

I had mine updated and it solved both the above problems.

BTW just got my Firehawk. yippeeeeeeeee:D

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Hi Sparky,

This is great news. I do hope you will let us know the difference it makes. I am still interested in this screen myself and am dying to see how it performs. By the way, I would be really grateful if you could elaborate on the artifacts that the new firmware fixes. Sigh, its looking more like I'm heading for another upload!

Best Wishes,

Paul H

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Sounds like a challenge... OK, keep you posted!!!

·
Registered
704 Posts
Sparky,

What issue did it resolve with the RII? I use the RII and have been in touch with Alan about a minor problem I am having. Every once in awhile the input information display with appear (the one that shows when you actually change inputs) without me changing inputs. Any chance v2.06 addresses this? We suspect the RII is the problem, but it is a coincidence you mentioned this.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hi all,

I am searching for a 15 meters EVC cable to connect My RII to my HT300.

The 10 meters in the bundle is too short for my intallation.

I'll appreciate your help.

I apologize for my bad english.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Paul.

The Artifacts are Horizontal banding across the screen usually in 1 place or area. It almost looks like the scaler cant keep up with the picture. My projector is fine but a customer had an awfull picture before the upgrade.

keithsimp.

The R12 issue is complex, all I know is that I killed an input board when I connecting it. The 2.06 version sorts this out. Mine is working fine now but I dont know what is was like before, sorry.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hello all,

I've loaded it yesterday and had a very quick view.....and my horizontal banding problem disappeared. I thought it was a problem with my projector because the previous upgrades didn't gave any solution. I'm now very happy that's solved. I had the problem only on s-video and a horizontal band almost on the top of the screen. One more reason to like to seleco. OK, his price is higher but you get a lot in return.

To compare with previous version it's rather difficult for me. I wanted to upgrade to the 2.05 this weekend, when I discovered there was already a 2.06 so I used that version immediately.

Greetings from Belgium,

Marc Bosmans
www.adynco.com (HomeCinema Center)

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I'm still re-calibrating the HT300 with the 2.06. I want to get same results (or better) than before, but first thing I noticed is that now I can go higher than 100 in the red high setting in the service menu, that in the 2.05 wasn't allowed.

I'll let you know later tonight how things are going!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.