AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'm assuming you have tried 243 > Zones and then a Net Connect a few times in a row. If not, give that a try.

I thought v5XXXX1100 was a general release. At least everyone I know with a 5000 has it running now.

There is not much of a change between 750 and 1100. I think the biggest improvement was a fix for the modem so if you are not using the modem, I wouldn't be too worried.

The v5.1 release will probably be out in several weeks so you just may want to wait for it before trying to call Tech Support if you can't get the 1100 to download.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Does anybody know what will be fixed in 5.1 version (as opposed to 5.0 build 110) ?

Specifically, I am looking for permanent and long-awaited fix to Closed Captioning problem...

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
It is in Beta, so even if it had been fixed, the people who know couldn't say anything.

·
Registered
286 Posts
If I were you I'd call them up and tell them NOT to update your machine. 110 has killed a lot of replays so far.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by scottamus
If I were you I'd call them up and tell them NOT to update your machine. 110 has killed a lot of replays so far.
really? i haven't read that anywhere...i have 110 on both of my 5040's and it's fine...have a lot of people been complaining about DOA 5040's after the update?

·
Registered
286 Posts
A lot may be too strong. My friend's machine went nutz and died after he got it. I've also read several other cases about it. Unfortunately you can't stop them from sending the update. I'm sure it's not a huge percentage but there is a growing concearn that recent updates have caused an increase in lock-ups as well as some expensive doorstops. Mine was locking up a lot a couple of weeks ago but has been fine for the past week.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.