AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
more or less, this article is correct. i am unaware of a 42" plasma however.

the 40" lcd and 50" lcd are both upcoming. the 40" is actually part of the V series. im not sure about the plasma.

all of these products have been discussed at some length in another thread recently. use the search facility to find it if you wish.

krlock2

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by krlock2
all of these products have been discussed at some length in another thread recently. use the search facility to find it if you wish.

krlock2

Not really. From reading this board for about two months the general understanding is that Sony is out of the plasma business and there are no upcoming new Sony plasma sets. I just checked UK Sony web site and they do have a new Sony 50 inch set listed. It looks similar to current Sony 50 set sold here in US. It is not clear if it the same set or something new. Anyone?

·
Registered
446 Posts
Sony is out of the plasma business. I heard it directly from them (as they bad-mouthed the plasma technology and claimed that that's why they're getting out of the business). My understanding is that Sony never made their own plasma displays (I think it was Samsung that made them for them).

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
I see no mention of a 50-inch LCD nor is there any evidence that's even a size on the agenda at the Samsung / Sony LCD plant.

It seems telling that there isn't even a 46-inch LCD on the list, so perhaps one more round of 50-inch plasmas before Sony exits the plasma business?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.