AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"the first production model of the Grand Wega (KF-60DX100) will have a 60W-inch screen size (MSRP $8,000). The three 1.35-inch high-resolution widescreen LCD panels have XGA resolution, which combine to produces 3.15 million dots on screen. Sony said the first Grand Wega would use analog HD component video inputs to connect with set-top decoder boxes. Neither the IEEE-1394 nor the DVI digital interfaces will be included in the initial unit, the company said."

Interesting to note how committed Sony and the CE industry is to HDTV IEEE & DVI interfaces!

Murray Kerdman

·
Registered
49 Posts
I saw two of these sets in England last week while on vacation. The European Grand Wegas are available right now for 5000-5500 british pounds and are only 50" 16:9 instead of the 60" models scheduled for released in the Americas next year. IMO the picture seemed to lack color and appeared to be wshed out. The first one I saw was in a large department store with plenty of light which was understandble, but the second set I saw was in a rather small shop with relatively low ambient light levels as compared to the department store. I didnt like either.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I keep hearing it has 9 inputs. 2 Component HD, 3 SVideo, and what else to make nine....? Anyone know...?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.