AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for information on the new Sony DVP CX777ES 400 disc DVD changer. Please refer me to any news releases or reviews.

My interest in it is because it plays SACD's in addition to DVD's and it can be controlled by the Audio Request hard drive music server. This will alow me to have my 16 bit CD's on a hard drive and still have reasonable access to my SACD's.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmurchison

Thanks for the press release data.

If Sony provides an ilink does that mean you need to use a Sony receiver in order to take advantage of the simpler connections?

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by alvorne
hmurchison

Thanks for the press release data.

If Sony provides an ilink does that mean you need to use a Sony receiver in order to take advantage of the simpler connections?

Yes and right now only the high end Sony's and Pioneers have ilink(aka Firewire) on their Receivers and DVD Audio or SACD players. I just think this is the ideal thing for both Multi Channel formats. The adoption of both has slowed because consumer are intimidated by the need for 6 analog cables.

Hopefully someday soon there will be a megachanger with a Digital connector and DVI or HDMI output. That would be sweet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.