AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone test the new New Sony DVP-NS725p?

I called the Sony Rep at Sony Style and they claim that the Chroma bug is now all fixed in this new model.

How is the Video? Any one try this model?

What do those new Smoothness functions do it this?

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I checked again at the store. I cant see any chroma bugs.

This issue has been known for years.

Is there a chance that they may have fixed it in the brand new model that no one has tested yet.

Does anyone have one?

How does it look.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I recently bought one and Sony has fixed the chroma bug. The 12 bit 104 mhz processing for 480p is incredible . I own only Sony. ie: using monster component cables.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Has any one done a DVD shoot out or comparision on this brand new model yet?

The sonys looked bad in last years Shoot out, but it sounds like they fix almost everything. I guess they read this forum also.

Any one else have this model on a RPTV?

·
Registered
194 Posts
You guys think that means the Sony NS755P is chroma-bug free, too? I'm trying to decide between the 755 and the Pioneer 563A. Just can't stand the silver chassis...I know, I know - the color shouldn't matter. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Any one do a shoot out between the mid line models 100 to $200 for the new Sony 755, Pioneer 563A, and the Panasonic DVD-S55s.

Which has the better picture quality?>

·
Registered
210 Posts
i have this sony dvd player. i don't notice the chroma bug at all. although i would agree...that it's not a top notch player. i think it's decent and better than most in the price category.

i haven't seen the denon or panasonic players...but i'm sure this player is not up to par with them. it does the job though. i think.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I bought one of he latest 700-series Sony DVD players recently. I was specifically looking for less "posterization" (blocking or banding of color where there should be more color gradients) than the old 700P I had was showing when the image was blown up on my front projection system. The new Sony was no better than the old Sony in that regard. The Panasonic XP-30 I subsequently got WAS better in less posterization. This is reason enough to disqualify the Sony in my mind for my application.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ThumperBoy
the de-interlacer is poor compared to a Faroudja. Look for a Denon DVD-1600 instead.
Believe me, after all I've read here and at HiFi Secrets website, I want the 1600. Its just whether or not I want (or need) to pony up $330 for a DVD player. :(

·
Registered
499 Posts
When I say recently, I mean in the last few months. I walked into a Sharper Image store and bought the XP30 a few months ago.

·
Banned
3,539 Posts
I think the excellent MPEG decoder in the Panasonic XP30 (and RP82,XP50, and Denon DVD1600) helps reduce posterization. I just snagged a Panasonic XP30 this week on EBAY for $250 too, the XP50's on EBAY go for around $360 and I don't need DVD-Audio so I saved some money. You can get a new Denon DVD-1600 at Crutchfield for around $300 (look for coupons to save more) they are back in stock but hurry before they run out again.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.