AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1252 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,142 Posts
No Dual HDMI outs?

·
23,031 Posts
"The BDP-S1000ES also features Sony's HD Reality Enhancer, which Sony claims "continually analyzes the original source bit by bit, sharpening edges and reproducing detail, while reducing the effects of film grain."

I'm definitely going to get this puppy!

larry

·
Premium Member
24,142 Posts
I have chosen it to do a review on.

·
Registered
463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRT /forum/post/16892428

At $200.00 more than The Oppo, and not a true universal player; I don't get it

Why does everything come down to the Oppo?
The street price will probably be less and considering the 5 year warranty and that all bluray pq is similar, I am sure it will be competitive.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Generally speaking, how do the newer Sony players compare to other models?

I've only owned a Panasonic BD30 and am looking to buy a new player this fall. This new Sony intrigues me, but I haven't been impressed with some of the older models that some of my friends have.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyGood /forum/post/16892674

The street price will probably be less and considering the 5 year warranty and that all bluray pq is similar, I am sure it will be competitive.

....cause the Oppo has set the standard at its price point in both performance and value...and as a PS3 owner, I agree. Don't want to be compared to the Oppo.....build a better player at that price point. Just that simple!

·
Registered
1,348 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyGood /forum/post/16892674

+ If your theory is correct, then the PS3 would be all the BD player anyone could want...Right???

·
Registered
463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRT /forum/post/16895920

....cause the Oppo has set the standard at its price point in both performance and value...and as a PS3 owner, I agree. Don't want to be compared to the Oppo.....build a better player at that price point. Just that simple!

Oppo just came out, I don't think any "standard" can be established without a performance track record.

·
Registered
463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRT /forum/post/16895969

+ If your theory is correct, then the PS3 would be all the BD player anyone could want...Right???

I would agree except that for me I prefer the look of a standard machine vs. a game console.

·
Registered
158 Posts
This looks like a bdps560 with analog outs, 5yr warranty, and a bundled 4gb thumb drive. I'm hoping the pq will justify the price difference.

·
23,031 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave300zx /forum/post/16899568

I'm hoping the pq will justify the price difference.

At best it will be equal to some other of the better players - ones that show no issues reproducing what's on the disc.

larry

1 - 20 of 1252 Posts