AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
2,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am using my HD100 only for OTA HD reception. Do I need to get any of the patches that have been posted on this forum, or are the patches only to correct problems with the Direct TV part of the STB?

Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I also use the Sony hd100 for OTA HD only (No Dish). I don't know the "official" answer, but it is my experience that the patches resolved one or two issues.

The patches, as you know, are delivered by Sat twice per day. I arranged with my dealer here in Dallas, to let me hook up my receiver to their dish over night ( In fact it was a Mits. dish). No registration was necessary, just a valid signal.

When I retrieved the receiver the next day, all three patches where there. I asked Sony's help desk, why can't the unit use the modem to download updates? They said that "What a good Idea, maybe someday."

My only problem now with my receiver, other than the load fan, is that it will not display any PSIP info sent OTA and from time-to-time the receiver will lockup and not respond to the remote. Several of the local Dallas stations have some PSIP now.

Enjoy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.