AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Sony HTIB HTSS360. I plugged it all end and works fine. However, the video resolution that I have set in my Motorola cable box keeps getting changed to 720P. I have a 720P Samsung Plasma that is about 3 years old. I had it connected out of the cable box at 1080i and it looks fine. But when I change it back to that and then it all off, it flips back to 720P. Is there a way I can stop that from happening? Is there a setting that I'm forgetting to change?

I was thinking about running the cable box directly into the TV and then putting a digital optical cable from the TV to the HTIB. Will I still get the full surround experience that way or will I sacrifice something? If anyone has this issue or knows how to correct, please let me know.

·
Registered
5,215 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bird30 /forum/post/18212958

I have a Sony HTIB HTSS360. I plugged it all end and works fine. However, the video resolution that I have set in my Motorola cable box keeps getting changed to 720P. I have a 720P Samsung Plasma that is about 3 years old. I had it connected out of the cable box at 1080i and it looks fine. But when I change it back to that and then it all off, it flips back to 720P. Is there a way I can stop that from happening? Is there a setting that I'm forgetting to change?

You do realize that when you send a 1080i signal to a 720p tv, the tv will down convert the resolution to 720p, do you not? Just set the cable box to 720p and leave things alone. Keep the resolution conversions to a minimum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bird30 /forum/post/18212958

I was thinking about running the cable box directly into the TV and then putting a digital optical cable from the TV to the HTIB. Will I still get the full surround experience that way or will I sacrifice something? If anyone has this issue or knows how to correct, please let me know.

No, you want to run a digital cable from the cable box to the HTIB.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
+1 on everything bluesky said.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts