AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw the Sony kp46wt500 (salesman said it was new to Sonys' line). Anybody know anything about it? I loved the look of the cabinet, it comes with a stand, $1671 at CC. Only thing I don't like about it is the screen saver. I like a matte screen. Wonder if you can take it off? It had a great looking picture compared to the other RPTV lined up next to it. It also has DVI and auto-convergence. I'm looking at it compared to the panny pt47wx42. I did a search but couldn't find any hits. Thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
I also noticed this unit while I was shopping in the Sony Store at Lansdowne Mall...I was originally looking at the Grand Wega, but this unit caught my eye...the form factor is quite small, and at first glance, I thought I was staring at a plasma or a RP LCD...until I walked up closer and investigated...the unit I saw was playing Shrek, and it looked VERY nice...the picture was a little dark, but I think with a bit of tweak, it should be quite a set...reading the specs, and listening to the salesman, it seems to be a tuned-down smaller television using a lot of the technology found in the WV700, mainly the "HD Microfocus Picture Tubes"...it is also priced VERY competitively...I wonder how this unit would stack up against the Hitachi 51swx20b...

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'm a sears employee and I was a little confused when I got the info on the 46" sony. They gave us a special sheet stating that they were giving away a free stand in a promotion that was going on through Feb 14. Being a 46" Sony with a long promotion and a strange model number (it ended in a "3" designated that it was from the 2003 product line) we thought it was a mistake. But, this week, it magically hit or system at 1899.99 with a free stand.

But...

It's sitting in our warehouse, waiting to be ordered for a customer but it won't give customer order/delivery dates before 1/02/03. This leads me to believe that we have the items but they are on a delayed release.

Interesting...very interesting

·
Registered
696 Posts
amerlop,

You might check availability of the stands, because I think the delay might be because the stands are backordered. If you specify just the TV without the stand it may setup an earlier delivery time.

·
Registered
26 Posts
No, I did an order without the stand and I got that Delivery date. (That was what I thought intially).

·
Registered
757 Posts
Yes, this tv is out and about. The free stand offer is very nice.

I've talked to one individual who A/Bed this with a toshiba 42hdx82 and he chose the 42hdx82. His post is on the board somewhere.

Unfortunately, I have not seen this set. Bestbuy has one on display, but it's across town. I hear positive things about it. One thing I notice, that may deter others, is the grey bars that will be displayed during 4:3 playback.

Ironically enough I'm very interested in both of those sets, but I might hold out for a plasma.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hello,

I just had this TV delivered yesterday. I work part time in a electronic store so I tested every tv they had all the way up to 51(that’s the biggest I could fit) with the dvd player.(Best Buy) If anyone decides to get this tv, make sure to get the stand with it at the time of purchase, you will have a hard time finding it if they don’t have it in the store. Everyone is out of stock on it (in IL that is.) Yes, there are gray bars when you watch 4:3.

Other than that am happy with it. Ill be using it mostly for dvd’s, and they look awesome on it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I work at Sears too and when we saw this it wasn't in the system and we tossed the scan bar. What was the stock number, if you remember?

Thanks, Pete

Quote:
Originally posted by amerlop
I'm a sears employee and I was a little confused when I got the info on the 46" sony. They gave us a special sheet stating that they were giving away a free stand in a promotion that was going on through Feb 14. Being a 46" Sony with a long promotion and a strange model number (it ended in a "3" designated that it was from the 2003 product line) we thought it was a mistake. But, this week, it magically hit or system at 1899.99 with a free stand.

But...

It's sitting in our warehouse, waiting to be ordered for a customer but it won't give customer order/delivery dates before 1/02/03. This leads me to believe that we have the items but they are on a delayed release.

Interesting...very interesting

·
Registered
26 Posts
yeah, hehehe, I actually had to recover the scan sheet from the trash and piece it back together once I realized it was legit.

The item number is 54613 and the stand is 40683.

The promotion runs through Feb. 17

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.