AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Banned
9,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sony has a new cool product that is coming out. There is a thread about this in the over 3k forum, but it should be over here in the under 3k forum. Not sure on the pricing, but talk is an MSRP around $800. Here is a link about it: http://hypebeast.com/2011/08/sony-hm...nal-3d-viewer/

Here are some reviews:
http://www.pcpro.co.uk/blogs/2011/09...ew-first-look/
http://gizmodo.com/5835977/sonys-hmz...r-on-your-head

Here is a link to the thread in the over 3k: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1357798

We have started a pre-interest list for this product. From my understanding Alan and Mark are among the first on the list for these along with many others. I am anxious to see these at CEDIA. Be sure and check these out. With the OLED display the picture should be phenomenal.

·
Registered
21,464 Posts
Please note these do 2D and 3D (without any shutters or polarizing filters) . 3D should be plenty bright. Each panel (there are two, one for each eye) gets the correct eye image and there should be no cross talk. Dual mono 3D. Call or pm anybody on our sales team to get on the list. Sorry. I am number one on the list. I rarely get excited about anything new in HT, but this one has me. Credit card numbers are not required and no commitment is made but I already gave myself my credit card number.

·
Registered
JVC RS3100 | Benq HT9050 | MADVR w/ RTX 3080| 130in 2.35:1 | 5.2.2
5,936 Posts
Will this be shown at Cedia? If so, ill try to be there to see if I need to pre order it

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark haflich
Please note these do 2D and 3D (without any shutters or polarizing filters) . 3D should be plenty bright. Each panel (there are two, one for each eye) gets the correct eye image and there should be no cross talk. Dual mono 3D. Call or pm anybody on our sales team to get on the list. Sorry. I am number one on the list. I rarely get excited about anything new in HT, but this one has me. Credit card numbers are not required and no commitment is made but I already gave myself my credit card number.
Ok, I'm interested in these now that you say they are 2D as well. As long as you don't need to see the picture through both sides, meaning with 2D you get the same image through both the left and right panel these should be awesome and work for me. My left eye barely has vision and I just use right eye to see. Can't wait to hear more about them.

Mike

·
Registered
13,740 Posts
The OLED on the Samsung charge phone I have is the one of the most remarkable displays i've ever seen.. the black level is almost impossible to believe and creates eye popping contrast.

people talk about 'inky blacks'... i've seen the best of the JVC's, Pioneer KURO's.. etc.. OLED is in a category of all it's own in this regard.

The fact that the Sony glasses are being driven by this tech is exciting.

I can't wait to find out when mine are going to be here!

·
Registered
105 Posts
More like hypebeast-of-a-migraine maker.

edit:

should've said: This is definately the way to score chicks, oh yeah. Hypebeast has that overgrown manboy no showering still living with my mom even though im forty slumped over hot pocket stain on my shirt pantsless in an officechair appeal that women find irresistable.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
When do you think we will see these being used on The Big Bang Theory tv show??? lol

·
Registered
210 Posts
I wouldn't mistake those for anything else than the revisit of the 90's crapty VR whatever. Video walls or ****. Can't do video walls with OLED? Then guess what , OLED is flawed, won't be a standard ever. Seriously... Tired of this marketing inflated 750 inch and stuff.

·
Banned
9,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan244
Looks interesting. Wonder if there is an integrated mic so that Xbox360/PS3 users can use chat features while playing games?
I will try to remember to ask at CEDIA.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gain3
I wouldn't mistake those for anything else than the revisit of the 90's crapty VR whatever. Video walls or ****. Can't do video walls with OLED? Then guess what , OLED is flawed, won't be a standard ever. Seriously... Tired of this marketing inflated 750 inch and stuff.
OLED have flaws (like everything) but have by far the best IQ of all techs

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gain3
Wow, hate much?

·
Registered
210 Posts
I heard O in OLED stands for Over .

Also it never had best image quality by any means, not even close.

Looks like forum is on way to the rock bottom with signal to noise ratio, when did they retract the S out of AVS?

90's crapty OLED is best? Seriously? You are out of your minds...

·
Registered
70 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gain3 /forum/post/20907044

I heard O in OLED stands for Over .

Also it never had best image quality by any means, not even close.

Looks like forum is on way to the rock bottom with signal to noise ratio, when did they retract the S out of AVS?

90's crapty OLED is best? Seriously? You are out of your minds...

You know most people who have seen these glasses say they're pretty great, right? I don't know what you're talking about. I had a Nintendo Virtual Boy and it was great fun. I for one am looking forward to this technology and hope there eventually be more than one company with this product which should create competition and better products. If you've ever tried Virtual Boy, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. A highly emmersive experience.

Also, have you been to any conventions like Cedia and seen modern OLEDs in action? People say they look top notch.

·
Registered
514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymnfun /forum/post/20907064

I had a Nintendo Virtual Boy and it was great fun.

I was also just thinking of the Nintendo virtual boy, I remember back in the day it was pretty sweet for a short time. Wish we could have something like in the movie Lawnmower Man

I thought vitural reality was to be the next big thing, and that was back in the 90's.

For those who don't know.

also came across this http://www.vrealities.com/

On a side note, who remembers the nintendo powerglove

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.