AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
Saw this at Best Buy (Metairie LA). Looked pretty good, but during the demo of Lilo & Stitch, I saw some "fuzzy" moments. Almost looked like the picture was out of focus for a fraction of a second. All the other demo material looked clean.

·
Registered
698 Posts
joe,

did you see the sony plasma with the silver bezel or the new sony plasma with the clear floating bezel.I can't imagine they would have the second at best buy? bm

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
Sorry, the one I saw a few days ago was the silver non-XBR. The Best Buy price was $6999. Here's a link to the one that they had on display.

http://www.bestbuy.com/Detail.asp?m=...222&e=11177738

It wasn't at their Slidell LA store, though. Still, it was neat looking (silver spaceship-like chassis). I'm still waiting for the 70-73" Fujitsu with AVM2 that does 1080p with 1920x1080 resolution and has a native rate DVI input.

:)

·
Registered
422 Posts
Other than the size of the pixels, and consequently the screens, the 42 and 50 seem to be identical offerings. Too bad the media box doesn't offer an upgrade to include an ATSC tuner, PVR, etc. That would be a really compelling TV.

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
I saw this today and was very impressed.The pq was great and so many features like the old wega crt.Im waiting for a full review on this

·
Registered
136 Posts
How do you hide the wires :confused: They come from the wall in the back of the screen?

Then what's the point to have a glass stand ? Hang the plasma on the wall!:p

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
They were demoing the fancy glass-framed plasma months ago. It was gorgeous, but gigantic.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I stopped in the Sony center in Ginza about a month ago, and they were displaying a number sizes of these new sets, with the plasma "floating" in the glass surround. VERY cool looking and very good PQ, based on a quick, casual look.

·
Banned
1,400 Posts
Monkey Mafia: My friend just got delivery of the 50" Sony plasma. One of only 3 pieces that came into NYC. It is not yet setup, just sitting in the box. He is moving apartments and will have it installed around the 20th. I will post reports when I get a chance to really look at it. He paid 11k for it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.