AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 377 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like some of those new Sony upconverting (via HDMI) DVD players are showing up on sites.

SonyStyle has the DVP-NS90V and DVP-NS70H on the website.

I received the latest Crutchfield catalog in the mail, and the new Sony ES DVD player is listed in it (although not yet showing up on the website.)

Anyone have any more info about these?

-Terry

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
I am interested in the DVP-NS70H specifically, can't wait for some reviews.

JCPZero

·
Registered
688 Posts
I would like to get a DVP-NS70H too. Has anyone seen a official ship date yet? Amazon and Sonystyle have it listed but nobody knows when they will be available. SonyStyle over the phone told me they have been in stock but they are waiting for supply to be replenished. I find this a little hard to believe since nobody on the web has them in stock other than two questionable retailers.

Musiciansfriend.com shows them in stock 08-25-05. I guess I will see tomorrow.

Walking through BB and CC the shelves are full of discontinued and open box stock. It's definitely the season for new models.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryJ
Looks like some of those new Sony upconverting (via HDMI) DVD players are showing up on sites.

SonyStyle has the DVP-NS90V and DVP-NS70H on the website.

I received the latest Crutchfield catalog in the mail, and the new Sony ES DVD player is listed in it (although not yet showing up on the website.)

Anyone have any more info about these?

-Terry
What is the difference in specs between the NS90V & NS70H? Can't tell from the Sony website.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
The "70" will be an upconverting player only.

The "90" will have a built-in DD decoder with 6ch out put and will play SACD as well as unconverting.

As far as I can tell , that`s the only differance.

Both will have the new "Lip-Sync" function.

The "70" will do me nicely :) , IF it ever shows up :confused:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcpzero
I am interested in the DVP-NS70H specifically, can't wait for some reviews.

JCPZero
I ordered this from my SONY CARD REWARDS today (NS70H worth 15000 points). I was torn between choosing a sony 5 disc DVD/CD/SACD player and this one just to compliment my HT Setup because I really don't have a stand alone CD player. Well, I really don't listen that often to CDs and I don't even have an SACD disk so I decided to get this unit instead.

Funny thing is on their rewards catalog, there's no information or picture at all about this player. I almost skipped this one and it's a good thing I did some googling to find out. I have been looking at a SAMSUNG upscaler. It's a good thing I waited and I got one free.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Last years sony upconverting model did output 480i via HDMI, hopefully the 2005 lineup will as well.

JCPZero

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Last week we recived a shipment of new Sony DVD players.. Two different models.. They are so new theres still no tag for them.. They are currently top stocked on our shelves..

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBI
Last week we recived a shipment of new Sony DVD players.. Two different models.. They are so new theres still no tag for them.. They are currently top stocked on our shelves..

Can you open one up to verify if it will output 480i over HDMI?

·
Registered
312 Posts
How about the new Sony Flagship-Dvp-ns9100 Es.Built Like A tank.Do a Google Search and take a look at this bad boy.Might have to upgrade from my 9000 es.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I ordered a DVP-NS70H through the my.sony.com rewards program. It's different from the credit card reward site ARPRINCE noted above. Sony emailed me a $10 off coupon earlier in the week from their newletter. They also offer free shipping. You still have to pay sales tax though. Total cost was $128 delivered.

After placing the order online, I called and asked about stock. They didn't have specific information but said their system wouldn't offer the model if it wasn't available.

While I did receive an order confirmation I haven't received a shipping notice yet.

http://www.my.sony.com/

ARPRINCE: Can you post if they give you a shipping update or you receive it? Thanks!

·
Registered
688 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
when will these dvd players be available. I cant find them anywhere is stores or online that have them in stock.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimason
will it do HDMI 480i output?
I am not very savy on formats, why should we be concerned about the HDMI

connection not supporting 480I ? In layman's terms, why do we care ?

Thanks

Dick

·
Registered
15,306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick

Thanks

Dick
I think it only matters if you want to use the display's deinterlacer (if it's better than the player's) or if you want to use an external scaler.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick

Thanks

Dick
For use with an external video processor like DVDO HD+ or new V30 to keep the signal in the digital domain so that the vid pro does the deinterlacing and scaling. This is effectively what an SDI modification does but at significantly less cost. There are few dvd player that can do HDMI 480i and the Sony 975 was one of them. If the new player offers this feature it will be a low cost alternative to getting the Pioneer 59avi or Arcam unit for those interested in video only.

1 - 20 of 377 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.