AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sony has released their new WEGA FV300 models, which seem to be replacing last year's FV models. Has anyone purchased or reviewed one?

I just returned my 27FV17 due to geometry problems and am eagerly awaiting to read any reviews or thoughts regarding them before I purchase the 27FV300. I did find some bad (short) review on circuitcity.com regarding this model still having the "corona effect." Has Sony not fixed these problems again?

Thanks.

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
I want to wish you success and friendship on the AVS forum and have a nice memorial day weekend. I can't anwer your question on your individual set.

O/T I found out Sony has made a 3rd straight *blunder* on the all of its DVD mega changers. They are all on the same remote frequency even the CX-875 I was to buy in August when it's to be for sale.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have been waiting for the new 20" Sony series for a bedroom TV for some time. The FV300 wich replaces the FV12 is actually $30 less in list. I spent quite abit of time over the wknd comparing the FS100 to the FV300. I do think I will buy the 300. Several notes:

--The specs on the old "S" line, the now 100 line, are very similiar video wise. I think the 300 adds in a component input. Otherwise setup was the same. Look was the same after similar tweaking.

--Both have side speakers now which was a distinguishing factor in the past. When I did A/B compairson, the 300 was way better in audio than the 100. I was surprised at the difference. Music and such was obvious. But even in some dialog situations, the 300 was so much richer in sound.

--I personally don't like the silver look, but almost everyone seems to be going that way, so I will live with it. The curve shape is kinda out there, but after time I grew to think it was ok.

--the remote on the 100 is a very basic one. For a bedroom TV it actually would be fine. But with the 300 is a full size, multifunction one.

That is what I can think of so far. Let me know how you evaluate things.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Picked up a 20FV300 a few weeks ago as a bedroom tv, and it's a good choice. The remote is much nicer than the other 20" models, and I agree with dgreen, the side mounted speakers sound much better.

I haven't yet taken advantage of the component 480i input yet (I use a distributed video system over coax), but it's nice to have that for "future use". I don't have a dvd player in the bedroom yet (might not get one), but if I do, it's nice to have the option of using the high quality input.

Anyway, I love my new little tv...makes a nice "little brother" to my 36XBR400.

Cheers,

Rich

·
Registered
59 Posts
I was looking for a 27†TV for my bedroom and after weeks of store and internet research I narrowed it down to the Sony KV-27FV17 but my electronic store was out of stock on this model and he had to order it, so I decided to wait because to price was great $629, after two weeks no KV27FV17 (discontinued) but the new KV-27FV300! This thing is beautiful and the new WOW sound is amazing, you would think you had subwoofer in the room! The picture quality of my DVD's with Y, Pb, Pn inputs is amazing. If you’re looking for a 27†this is the one and make sure to get the matching TV stand they fit perfectly together! Also, this TV is heavy two man operation here, I was able to fit the TV out of the box in the back seat of my Pontiac Grand Prix.

Some features include:

FD Trinitron Flat CRT

Y, PB, Pr Inputs

New WOW audio as well TruSurround

V-Chip

ClearEdge VM

DynaBlack

PIP (Picture in Picture)

Favorite Channels

Info Banner

Universal Remote

Energy Star

Front Panel Controls

Front A/V Inputs

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
I really like the look of the new cabinets on the Sonys.

Mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.