hello, i'm new to home theater systems and due for an upgrade. i'm looking for a new receiver and i need it to last me for a LONG time...have no idea where to start. i know i want 7.1 surround sound/hdmi/.... don't know what else
You may want to look at receivers to see what they offer. Some differences among receivers to consider -
* More money has a loose correlation to more power; Not every step up in price means more power even if the specs say so (Which is why I compare weights, cabinet sizes and power consumption to try to get an idea of which models in a line have the same power supply)
* Room correction varies a lot; Some think Audyssey is best. MCACC and YPAO from Pio and Yamaha seem to allow more user customization
* Some receivers offer useful processing features such as Dolby Volume that other receivers do not offer
* Almost any receiver will now offer four HDMI inputs and decoding for all Blu-ray audio, but only the latest models fully support 3D
* Some receivers offer better video processing than others; In my experience this better VP does not really translate into real world improvements
* Some people like network capability on their receiver; Arguably, there may be better solutions outside of a receivers; Game consoles, Tivo, and even TVs now may have easier to use implementations
thank you!...im going to post some pictures of my basement to get a better idea when i get a chance. Things i plan to run from the receiver will be my TV,PS3, projector and my boxee box. i don't know if i should do 5.1 or 7.1 it's all in the air for now..will post pics and dimension soon thanks again
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
A forum community dedicated to home theater owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about home audio/video, TVs, projectors, screens, receivers, speakers, projects, DIY’s, product reviews, accessories, classifieds, and more!