AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been wanting ascend acoustics w/ HTS subwoofer for a long time.

Now its getting very close to the purchase time and I'm wondering whats best and if I should consider anything else. I want speakers that are good for surround, music, etc.

Is Klipsch new setups any better or will ascends blow them away?

Looking for some input. I will be making my purchase within 2-3 weeks.

Also looking for the best receiver. Receiver is on a $700-$1000 budget.

Thx guys.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Time /forum/post/0

Have you considered HSU's top of the line system, the Ultimate 1 for $2206 shipped?

Have you auditioned the HSU HB-1 Horn's?

·
Registered
2,690 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazersteven /forum/post/0

Have you auditioned the HSU HB-1 Horn's?

No, but from what I've read about them, the HSU systems based on the HB-1 seem worthy of consideration right along with other ID systems in this price range like what Ascend has to offer. Have you heard the HB-1 speakers, mazersteven?

·
Registered
2,784 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Time /forum/post/0

No, but from what I've read about them, the HSU systems based on the HB-1 seem worthy of consideration right along with other ID systems in this price range like what Ascend has to offer. Have you heard the HB-1 speakers, mazersteven?

No, but I haven't recommended them.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
anyone else?

I really wish I could audition the ascends but from what everyone has said they are superb for the price of 2k.

At this point I guess its ascends acoustics hands down. I haven't been confidently steered any other direction.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I've been living with my B&W 600 series setup for several months now and am very happy with them for music and for movies. I listen to many SACD's and have recently been playing True HD tracks through them. There are many places that carry them, so you should be able to audition them for yourself. I use the 602's for L/R, the 601's for LsRs/ the 60 for the center and the 10" sub. Check them out here: www.bwspeakers.co.nz/index-inner.html

·
Registered
856 Posts
I 2nd the B&Ws...however, the Ascends are awesome too...

·
Registered
2,784 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by moovtune /forum/post/0

I've been living with my B&W 600 series setup for several months now and am very happy with them for music and for movies. I listen to many SACD's and have recently been playing True HD tracks through them. There are many places that carry them, so you should be able to audition them for yourself. I use the 602's for L/R, the 601's for LsRs/ the 60 for the center and the 10" sub. Check them out here: www.bwspeakers.co.nz/index-inner.html

I'm a fan of the CM series B&W's. I would recommend a audition. But if I'm right they are out of budget. You might be able to purchase 5 CM1's, but that doean't leave much room for a sub in the budget. Unless your OK with that and willing to save a few hundred more for the sub.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Just to throw another option out.... have you seen the sale on the RS-760 based system at AV123? Because we're not supposed to mention prices on this forum, I can say it fits very nicely at the LOW end of your budget.

Ascend would also be a nice choice, but remember, you have the added cost of speaker stands on top of the speaker prices.

·
Registered
3,110 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadriverfalls /forum/post/0

Just to throw another option out.... have you seen the sale on the RS-760 based system at AV123? Because we're not supposed to mention prices on this forum, I can say it fits very nicely at the LOW end of your budget.

Ascend would also be a nice choice, but remember, you have the added cost of speaker stands on top of the speaker prices.

Sweet deal, good find John.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cschang /forum/post/0

Very nice deal...but you have to add a sub to it.

True.... but with THAT deal, he could pick up a nice sub and STILL be within his budget....

·
Registered
15,020 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadriverfalls /forum/post/0

True.... but with THAT deal, he could pick up a nice sub and STILL be within his budget....

A $400 sub to keep him in budget....then add shipping for everything.

To compare...2 x 340se's and matching stands, 1 x 340SEc, 2 x 170SE would be about $1300 shipped. Add a Hsu VTF-3MK3 for $725 shipped. Now, if he was in Calif.....that would screw him bit.

·
Registered
975 Posts
For this price range, I like the idea of 4 Dynaudio Audience 42's, an Audience 42C, and and a ~$600 sub from HSU, SVS or Outlaw Audio.

For receivers I like the Outlaw 1070, or Denon AVR-2307CI with it's HDMI capabilities.

·
Registered
15,020 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockemsockem /forum/post/0

For this price range, I like the idea of 4 Dynaudio Audience 42's, an Audience 42C, and and a ~$600 sub from HSU, SVS or Outlaw Audio.

For receivers I like the Outlaw 1070, or Denon AVR-2307CI with it's HDMI capabilities.

How do the 42's compare to the 52's? I have only heard the 52's.

·
Registered
975 Posts
LOL!

I've only heard the 42s. But if I have been trying to get the 52's used for months now, my money hasn't been right.

From what I've read, the 52s present a more expansive soundstage over their smaller brethren, but don't add any bass extension.

·
Registered
15,020 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockemsockem /forum/post/0

LOL!

I've only heard the 42s. But if I have been trying to get the 52's used for months now, my money hasn't been right.

From what I've read, the 52s present a more expansive soundstage over their smaller brethren, but don't add any bass extension.

I compared the older CMT-340's to the 52's at a friend's house. The 52's were very nice.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.