AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of building a new house and will have a dedicated media room. The size of the room is 13X21.

I am trying to make a decision on what speakers and receivers to purchase. I will be able to roll the speakers into the mortgage, but will probably have to pay for the receiver upfront.

What I want is to have a 7 speaker setup in my media room as well as 4 seperate rooms with a pair of speakers with volume control.

I am thinking of doing one of the following two setups.

Klipsch Ref 5 tower speakers with rf 3 center and suround and rf3 bookshelf for the rears, with a 10 inch powered sub. At this point I am planning on getting a Denon 3803 to power the media room system as well as the 4 other rooms. I will probably get a speaker switch box of some sort so that I can only power the rooms I am using when needed.

The other option would be to go with the Klipsch Reference 7 series in the media room with the 15 inch sub. Cost will be somewhat of a factor, but not huge as I will be rolling it into my mortgage. I was still thinking of using the Denon 3803 to run the media room speakers and the speakers in my other rooms. I just dont know if the 3803 has enough power for the Ref. 7 setup. I was thinking of going with one of the other Denon receivers but the video conversion feature is appealing to me and I dont want to spend $4000 on a receiver.

So I am trying to decide what option to go with and what receiver to use. I will probably be buying my equipment from the local "Ultimate Electronics" because I have a friend that works there. I just need help deciding on the receiver, and if anyone has any idea about what kind of inwall or inceing speakers are the best. I want to spend $400 or less per pair for the additional rooms, and I would think they would be used for music 90% of the time. I am not set on Denon, I just like the video conversion feature of the 3803 and I have heard that they pair up well with the Klipsch line of speakers.

Any help would be awesome!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.