AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I am setting up a new speaker system for my home theater/music/video gaming. I don't have a ton of money to spend, so I am really look for good price/performance. I live in a 1 bedroom apt, and my system will be in my living room/dining room. My reciever is a pioneer VSX-D811S and currently have tiny box speakers.

Here is what I am currently planning on

Mains - Ascend Acoustics CBM-170 ($330 from Ascend)

Rears - JBL N24 (I can get a pair for $82 at Best Buy since I work part time there)

Center - Acoustic Research AR4C - ($129 at crazy eddie - back ordered)

Sub - Not sure what do here, I could go with a Acoustic Research S108PS for $99 but I am not sure it will have enough bass since my speakers are pretty weak in that area. I can also get the Klipsch KSW-10 for a good deal at Best Buy or Crazy Eddie for around $230. Not sure if its worth the extra money or if I should look to something else. I live in a apt complex on the first floor.

Help/Advice appreciated

·
Registered
85 Posts
I would go with either a Ascend Acoustic HTM 200 center for $149 to match your mains. If you have a few more dollars to shell out, I would recommend the CMT 340c as it is a great center. You at least want your fronts to be timbre matched.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
CMT 340 C is out of my price range for a center speaker but the HTM 200 center looks very nice.

Any ideas on a sub? I can't afford one of top of the line ones

·
Registered
85 Posts
I would either get a very cheap one that will hold you over or go without one and save up to get one that you really want. I bought a HSU VTF-2 and although it is a very nice sub, I want a little more punch now so I have to list that one for sale and get the one I really want(SVS PB2+). Either way you go with the sub, I think you will really enjoy your Ascends!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.