AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So coming here I got recommended this system the "Jamo S606HCS3 S-606-HCS-3 5.0 speaker system". Now tomorrow I'm gonna

Set it up with my amp, my question is how to? Do i set the fronts two large ,small and the rears? The center do i do large ? I have it connected at the moment the 2 tower center and I get no base at all. Right now it's not set thru MACC on my amp. I do have an sub(energy). Any help thanks

·
Banned
9,076 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nito3 /forum/post/20865001

So coming here I got recommended this system the "Jamo S606HCS3 S-606-HCS-3 5.0 speaker system". Now tomorrow I'm gonna

Set it up with my amp, my question is how to? Do i set the fronts two large ,small and the rears? The center do i do large ? I have it connected at the moment the 2 tower center and I get no base at all. Right now it's not set thru MACC on my amp. I do have an sub(energy). Any help thanks

It all depends on if you have a matching sub. If you have a matching sub then everything should be set to small. even tower speakers. What I mean by a matching sub is a sub that can match (or exceed) the capabilities of your speakers. Typically you would want to set the crossover point a minimum of one octave above the the -3db point of your speakers. So if your speakers had a -3db point of 30hz, you would use 60hz. If your speakers have a -3db point of 40hz, you would set the crossover point at 80hz.

Note that I said this is the minimum crossover point. Even if you can go below 80hz with the crossover point, you should try 80hz and see if you like that better. Try not to go above 80hz with the crossover point because the sound from the sub can be localized above 80hz. In other words sounds that should sound like they are coming from your speakers will be heard coming from your sub. Usually you can't detect direction for sounds below 80hz.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.