AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My speakers now are Mirage FRX-5's that are about 10 years old. I'm wondering if there is a center channel compatible with these or do I need to buy new. I'd like to keep these and spend my $$ on the other components. I have nothing else except a dead cd player and an amp. The room is approx 19x 19 with the back fairly open and about 9.5' ceilings if that helps any. New to this and no idea where to start. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I'd hate to say it, but unless you find a used center channel, you'll probably need new ones. You can always try another center and see how you like it. The FRX-5s are beautiful speakers, but if I remember correctly they use a different tweeter than the current Mirage lineup ... In fact, if my memory is correct, Frx was the last direct radiating speaker Mirage made.

If you want an exact match, you'll probably need to start over or go used. If you're okay with something close, you can try experimenting.

·
Registered
19,812 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by intence /forum/post/19532101

I'd hate to say it, but unless you find a used center channel, you'll probably need new ones. You can always try another center and see how you like it. The FRX-5s are beautiful speakers, but if I remember correctly they use a different tweeter than the current Mirage lineup ... In fact, if my memory is correct, Frx was the last direct radiating speaker Mirage made.

If you want an exact match, you'll probably need to start over or go used. If you're okay with something close, you can try experimenting.

They do sound good.

They are direct radiating - will be hard to find that center.

Well, maybe not - there are 3 on Ebay.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07GT /forum/post/19532080

My speakers now are Mirage FRX-5's that are about 10 years old. I'm wondering if there is a center channel compatible with these or do I need to buy new. I'd like to keep these and spend my $$ on the other components. I have nothing else except a dead cd player and an amp. The room is approx 19x 19 with the back fairly open and about 9.5' ceilings if that helps any. New to this and no idea where to start. Thanks for any help.
FRX Center , $100 - seems like the thing to do.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts