AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got a nice 5.1 system a while ago it is a HTIB and I've heard that most of the HTIB speakers suck. So ive been kinda shoping around and just wondering if you guys have any suggestions. I'd like to replace and least my left,right,and center speakers my budget is about $100 so whats best I can get?

·
Registered
16,876 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartess514 /forum/post/14265541

I'd like to replace and least my left,right,and center speakers my budget is about $100 so whats best I can get?

Keep your current speakers. Save up some more money.

·
Registered
472 Posts

Quote:

... I'd like to replace and least my left,right,and center speakers my budget is about $100 so whats best I can get?

Did you leave out a zero?

·
Registered
505 Posts
With that budget, you might want to consider some Insignia speakers from Best Buy. I've never heard them, but there's lots of good things said about them on this forum. You would need to buy 2 pair, use 2 for your L/R, and use 1 for the center (if you have room). Other than that, as one poster said, save more money and keep researching. You should at least visit BB, Circuit City, Tweeter's, etc. and even some speciality audio shops in your area. Listen to all of the speakers you can find to learn what your hard earned money can buy. Once you do, you will learn, that for quality surround sound, $100 doesn't go very far.

Good luck

·
Premium Member
7,047 Posts

Quote:

Well I got a nice 5.1 system a while ago it is a HTIB and I've heard that most of the HTIB speakers suck. So ive been kinda shoping around and just wondering if you guys have any suggestions. I'd like to replace and least my left,right,and center speakers my budget is about $100 so whats best I can get?

Either a joke (although no-one's laughing) or you left out a Zero. Which is it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts