AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently ordered another splitter, this one was different from the other one. This one was made by CE link I think.

Anyway when I inserted the new splitter my plasma and projector were darker. So I went back in to calibrate, using dve, and sure enough there was no black bars, so i was stunned, and and I turned up brightness, and to my surprise the blacker then black bar appeared as well.

Does anyone know what the hell is going on? You would not think a splitter would be changing my levels.

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Greetings

Maybe the splitter does add something to the signal. The projector then sees it as PC level versus Video level.

Regards

·
Banned
3,587 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murilo /forum/post/14271690

I recently ordered another splitter, this one was different from the other one. This one was made by CE link I think.

Anyway when I inserted the new splitter my plasma and projector were darker. So I went back in to calibrate, using dve, and sure enough there was no black bars, so i was stunned, and and I turned up brightness, and to my surprise the blacker then black bar appeared as well.

Does anyone know what the hell is going on? You would not think a splitter would be changing my levels.

What kind of splitters are you talking about? HDMI splitter (YCbCr)? A DVI splitter (RGB)? Or something else? What is different about the new one and the old one? Do they plug into AC power or not? Was the first one a DVI splitter and the second one an HDMI splitter?

Sounds like the 2 splitters have different outputs - do you have a PLUGE pattern with blacker-than-black as well as black and lighter-than-black bars? Could you see all 3 bars with both splitters?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts