AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a old school TAE-9000ES and i would like to replace that unit with something up to date.

Basicly i need HDMI input for PCM and the new Codecs, EQ and Room correction.

Can it really be true that i have to pay so much for something that can be bought in integrated recievers for way less?

And if true, can i then buy a smaller Reciever with 5.1 pre out and for example still use room correction?

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbotte /forum/post/15412389

well i just pick up a pionner 1018 for 399 boxing day sale

going to replace a old onkyo and a dsp e1000 from yamaha all i need to figure out is the speaker

hope it help

Do you know if the Room Correction works for Speakers connected via a Seperate Amp?

Basicly i want to drive my fronts and my 30 inch sub with seperate amps and my Rear and Center speaker with the build in amps. But they should still be room corrected. Movie sound will be PCM from a PS3.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal Rubinson /forum/post/15418973

I have not ever heard of an AVR that did not.

I read the manual last night, it doesn´t mention any problems in regards to this. By seperate i of course mean via the pre-outs on the 1018.

After thinking a bit about it i don´t see why it shouldn´t be the case, the DSP is before the internal amp stage anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.