AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want a completely new home stereo set up for another room in my house but i'm having trouble deciding on speakers. i'm looking for preferably floor standing speakers but bookshelf speakers could probably work too. i listen to lots of music and its a fairly big room. the music i listen to is like pop/hip-hop type stuff with lots of bass and i was hoping to find speakers with enough bass that i wouldn't need a subwoofer right away. my budget is

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys. so if i go with the ikon 6 mk2's what sub should i get to give me that huge, deep, whole house shaking bass that u can feel even i huge rooms like big frickin bass extension? ive been looking at hsu vtf-15h and hsu uls-15 and was wondering if those would get the job done of if other subs would. im looking for something preferrably under $1500. thanks again

·
Registered
16,705 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok so ive got it down to the Epik Empire and the Hsu VTF-15H but i was wondering if anyone has heard one or both of them and which one has deeper bass and with more bass extension. thanks

·
Registered
16,705 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by megatron75 /forum/post/21212151

ok so ive got it down to the Epik Empire and the Hsu VTF-15H but i was wondering if anyone has heard one or both of them and which one has deeper bass and with more bass extension. thanks

You'll probably be hard pressed to find someone that has listened to both of them together, other than the two guys in that Shootout review. With the VTF-15H you do have the option of plugging one of the ports to get more extension as the expense of a few db in max output. HSU has some charts that demonstrate this on their website .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts