Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

My brand new Stewart Microperf screen, working perfectly for 2 (whole) weeks, just stopped working. It was on a trigger from my processor. I'm trying to get in touch with the installer, but of course, he's very slow to return calls. The trigger in the pre was set to continuous rather than pulse. was this a mistake? We are going nuts, since everything was working perfectly. Has this happened to anybody?

Thanks,

David Shapiro

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Check the trigger connections at both ends. There's a common practice to use CAT 5 as the trigger wire and solder/crimp a 1/8" mini-phono plug on the end- very often this connection goes bad because of "poor" soldering techniques, et al. The connections are the most likely candidate, then check the trigger output of your processor with a Digital Multimeter, then as a last resort check the control box of the screen using a 12v cordless drill battery.

Dan

I'll never understand the lack of timely responses from custom installers in IL, it seems that every client that I come across for calibrations has some horror story about their "guy"- I just can't wrap my mind around WHY people put up with it. To date, my biggest client (single room system) is the direct result of me ACTUALLY calling back in a timely fashion, and the other "guy" (someone I know personally) not...ever....stupid, that cost him alot.

--Rant Off--

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
You might also try the following...the screen should have come with a 12v wall wart type adaptor. Try plugging that into the case and then the other end into the wall. If the screen drops, then we know the screen and screen trigger is okay. At which point, check the cable between the projector and screen. If that is also okay, it could be the 12v output on the projector.

I would agree with Dan that likely it is the cable or ends.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.