AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am completely new to this, I would like to build a 15" ported sub enclosure. I have looked through numerous threads on builds, but I cannot find any that gave a good template that gave a step-by-step process. I would like the sub box to be the same design as my SVS pb-10. I am not looking for anything fancy. I just want it to sound better than my current sub.

·
Registered
7,989 Posts
When you say a step by step process, do you mean you want someone to tell you how each panel goes together? Or just what size and tuning fits with what driver? If you just need to know, X driver with Y amplifier, in a Z cubic foot box, then there are a few of those I believe. Or pick out a driver and I think a number of people on here would quickly whip up a tuning for you.

I may as well ask off the top... BUDGET???

And do you have tool and wood working skills?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuxedocivic
When you say a step by step process, do you mean you want someone to tell you how each panel goes together? Or just what size and tuning fits with what driver? If you just need to know, X driver with Y amplifier, in a Z cubic foot box, then there are a few of those I believe. Or pick out a driver and I think a number of people on here would quickly whip up a tuning for you.

I may as well ask off the top... BUDGET???

And do you have tool and wood working skills?
I would like to find a template that someone used in the past that had sucess. Basically I don't want to reinvent the wheel. I have a friend that is great with wood, but hasn't built a sub before, so we just want to make sure we have a template that shows how to build the enclosure, what supplies are needed etc.

I would like to keep my budget around $300-400 including the driver and amp.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.