AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well went and bought the Velodyne VX10 for a good price. First sub so will have some questions getting it set up. I have the cables for it. Have an Onkyo SR605 so just going to plug into sub woofer jack on back of onkyo. I am unfamiliar with this cross over stuff. Only have 2 front speakers now. Once I connect sub and change in the menu system of receiver that have sub what crossover settings do I set on sub or in receiver.

· Registered
2,432 Posts
Run Audyssey. That is what it is designed to do.

· Registered
82 Posts
I have the onkyo 605 as well.

Audyssey will take care of this but typically you will want to set you crossover on your sub to its max (all the way to the right), set your sub's volume anywhere from 1/4 to 3/4 up.

You can play around with your receiver crossover settings. 605 doesn't have a 'small,medium or large' setting like other receivers do. See what audyssey says for your fronts.

Crossover recs for you "LPF of LFE" will vary. In general anywhere from 80 to 120hZ is typically suggested.

You can then vary the 'loudness' of the sub by increasing its volume in the calibration menu.

Hope this helps.

· Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ran the auto set up first and no sound came out of the sub. Checked the connections and they were good. I played around with the settings manually and got it to work. Should I still run the set up to get the crossovers correct?

· Registered
30,881 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew64 /forum/post/16847992

I ran the auto set up first and no sound came out of the sub. Checked the connections and they were good. I played around with the settings manually and got it to work. Should I still run the set up to get the crossovers correct?

Yes. It does that and more.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.