AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please don't turn this into another D* bashing or complain about the pricing.

I am going to pay for this, as it is the first year in the last 8 or so that I will actually be home every sunday.

What I would like to open for discussion is the new features of the Superfan package and what everyone has heard about them. Does anyone have more specifics on exactly what each will do and how they will do it?

My next question is b/c D* says that you won't be able to tune directly to the game channel from the gamemix channel without an interactive receiver. I never cared about this before.

Is the HR10-250 an "interactive receiver" ??

·
Registered
605 Posts
It is not. It will show all the channels including HD but any interactive features do not work.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
When I signed up for the superfan pack, the D* CSA told me all the receivers were interactive when responding to that question.

Incorrect info coming from them? go figure....

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
I am wondering how the local broadcast blackouts will work with game mix. On the Sports Mix channel now, if a game on ESPN or ESPN 2 is blacked out here, the whole mix channel is blacked out. If this is true for the NFL Game Mix feature, it will be mostly useless. Anyone know?

·
Registered
23,805 Posts
They'll have GameMix1 & GameMix2. Any game that is blacked out (NFL non-sell-out) will be placed on GameMix2. Any sub in an area that did not sell out will have the GM2 channel blacked out. So if Miami and Arizona do not sell out, both cities lose both games on the GameMix.

Those of us outside of those areas will get both GM channels - although we may have a GM channel with only 1 or 2 games on it.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
here's some answers. The interactive features aren't a big deal to begin with. The only real downfall is that all of the extras are in SD. But I still think many HD users will end up using and enjoying them... so there's a good chance it'll be back. Hopefully in an HD version next time.
Quote:

NFL SUNDAY TICKET

General Information

Q: How is NFL SUNDAY TICKETâ„¢ SuperFan different than NFL SUNDAY TICKETâ„¢?

A: NFL SUNDAY TICKETâ„¢ SuperFan is a new optional add-on to your NFL SUNDAY TICKETâ„¢ subscription for 2005. With NFL SUNDAY TICKETâ„¢ SuperFan you'll get over 100 games in HD, NFL SUNDAY TICKETâ„¢ Red Zone Channel, NFL SUNDAY TICKETâ„¢ Game Mix, and NFL SUNDAY TICKETâ„¢ Short Cuts.

Q: Can I purchase just the NFL SUNDAY TICKETâ„¢ SuperFan without purchasing NFL SUNDAY TICKETâ„¢?

A: No, a subscription to NFL SUNDAY TICKETâ„¢ is required to purchase NFL SUNDAY TICKETâ„¢ SuperFan.

Q: Will I be able to see games on NFL SUNDAY TICKETâ„¢ Short Cuts that were blacked out on Sunday?

A: Yes, all NFL SUNDAY TICKETâ„¢ games that were blacked out due to non-sellout on Sunday will be available on NFL SUNDAY TICKETâ„¢ Short Cuts, including games that were broadcast on your local FOX and CBS stations.

Q: How will I be affected by blackouts on NFL SUNDAY TICKETâ„¢ Game Mix?

A: All NFL SUNDAY TICKETâ„¢ games that are blacked out due to non-sellout will appear on Game Mix 2. However, if you live in one of those non-sellout markets, you will be blacked out entirely of the Game Mix 2 channel.

Q: Am I able to set up a Season Pass on my DIRECTV DVR to record my favorite team on NFL SUNDAY TICKETâ„¢ Short Cuts?

A: Yes, NFL SUNDAY TICKETâ„¢ SuperFan subscribers will be able to set up a Season Pass for their favorite team on their DIRECTV DVR.

Q: How can I navigate through the games on NFL SUNDAY TICKETâ„¢ Game Mix?

A: Customers with a DIRECTV Interactive Receiver can navigate through all 8 games on Game Mix and can tune directly to any of the NFL SUNDAY TICKETâ„¢ games shown. Additionally, customers will hear audio from each game while navigating. However, it is only possible to tune directly to games in the NFL SUNDAY TICKETâ„¢ channel range 704 - 718; It cannot tune directly to games shown on local channels.

Q: Are the NFL SUNDAY TICKETâ„¢ Red Zone Channel, NFL SUNDAY TICKETâ„¢ Game Mix and NFL SUNDAY TICKETâ„¢ Short Cuts available in HD?

A: No, these features are available in standard-definition only.

Sports subscriptions cannot be canceled, transferred, refunded, or credited (in part or in whole) after the season starts.

Still have questions about DIRECTV® service? Many of the answers you need may be just a click away on the main FAQs page. If you want to know how to get NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ or a DIRECTV® System, visit the How to Order page.

Actual number of games varies by market due to blackout rules and other conditions. To receive sports programming, all DIRECTV Receivers must be continuously connected to the same land-based phone line. NFL SUNDAY TICKET and NFL SUNDAY TICKET SuperFan automatically continue each year, provided DIRECTV carries these services, unless customer calls to cancel prior to the season. Programming consists of all Sunday games broadcast on FOX and CBS at 1pm and 4pm ET. However, games broadcast by your local FOX or CBS affiliate will not be available in NFL SUNDAY TICKET. Subscription broadcasts during Week 16 will air on Saturday, December 24. Commercial locations require an appropriate licensee agreement. Signal theft is subject to civil and criminal penalties. "NFL," the NFL Shield design, "NFL SUNDAY TICKET" and its respective logo are registered trademarks of the National Football League and its affiliates. Team names, logos and uniform designs are registered trademarks of the teams indicated. Programming, pricing, terms and conditions subject to change. Pricing is residential. Taxes not included. Receipt of DIRECTV programming is subject to the terms of the DIRECTV Customer Agreement; copy provided at DIRECTV.com and in your first bill. Hardware and programming sold separately. Equipment specifications and programming options may vary in Alaska and Hawaii. DIRECTV services not provided outside the U.S. ©2005 DIRECTV, Inc. DIRECTV and the Cyclone Design logo and DIRECTV SPORTS are registered trademarks of DIRECTV Inc. All other trademarks and service marks are the property of their respective owners.

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPanther95
They'll have GameMix1 & GameMix2. Any game that is blacked out (NFL non-sell-out) will be placed on GameMix2. Any sub in an area that did not sell out will have the GM2 channel blacked out. So if Miami and Arizona do not sell out, both cities lose both games on the GameMix.

Those of us outside of those areas will get both GM channels - although we may have a GM channel with only 1 or 2 games on it.
CPanther: Thanks. I wasn't worried about the non-sellout blackouts, but rather the Local Broadcast blackout, where games carried locally on CBS or Fox are not available thru ST.

·
Registered
23,805 Posts
I'm not sure how they could apply the broadcast blackout to the GameMix channel. If they could modify the individual feeds based on your Zip Code, there would be no need for the GameMix2 channel.

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPanther95
I'm not sure how they could apply the broadcast blackout to the GameMix channel. If they could modify the individual feeds based on your Zip Code, there would be no need for the GameMix2 channel.
They do it now for Sports Mix, and black out the whole channel...

·
Registered
23,805 Posts
But with a paid subscription to Superfan, no way they could justify blacking out GameMix for what would approach almost 100% of subscribers.

·
Premium Member
35,993 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MnGuy
They do it now for Sports Mix, and black out the whole channel...
I would think that is what will happen with these channels as well, if one of the games is blacked out, you lose all of them.

·
Super Moderator
18,527 Posts
It's my understanding the Local Broadcaster Protection Plan will not affect the gamemix channel. If the game is available to you either though ST OR your local broadcaster, you will see it on gamemix. If it is blacked out in your market (non sellout) you will lose the entire gamemix 2 channel (which is where all the non-sellouts go). However, if you have an interactive receiver and "click" on the game being shown by your local affiliate(s), it will take you to the corresponding ST channel, which will not appear. You'll have to manually tune to your local channel.

Things may have changed since I was given this, but I kinda doubt it.

Doc

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.