AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m thinking about replacing my surrounds. You can see my current Polk FXi5's in the picture below. These are already backed by Outlaw 200W monoblocks. I would need something that can mount in the same spot. One of my problems is that the FXI5's already match all of my other Polk speakers (rti12, rti8, csi5). I’m looking for a better speaker but would like to keep it under $1000. As time goes on, I would prefer to start swapping the other speakers to that new brand. Any ideas?

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have the fxi a4 for my surrounds. I want to match my Titans with adp 190 or 390. What other brand you are looking at. I guess you would like to get something better than those polks. Maybe you can keep the surrounds now and start on the fronts. With the polks you have, I'm sure you can easy sale them to help pay for new. I'll start with Paradigm Studio, B&W,Rockets or Salk Towers. These are most talked about here but you should listen for yourself.

·
Registered
16,876 Posts
Weird that the surrounds are the starting point in your upgrade path. Why?

And it would be really hard for anyone to recommend a speaker brand and model line for you based upon the surround speaker performance. What kind of surrounds do you want in your next setup, btw? Bipole/dipoles or direct radiating monopoles?

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Nice looking room

1 - 4 of 4 Posts