AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new the the home theater market and need some advice on a remote control for my system which includes:

Yamaha HTR-5830 Receiver

Sony DVP-NS325 DVD Player

Motorola DCT6412/2000 DVR/Cable Box

I would like to keep the price down as much as possible (below $100), but still be able to use all the feature of the systems (mainly the DVR and the component switching of the receiver).

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
 www.remotecentral.com has a lot of great reviews.

I have two Sony RM-VL710 remotes for two of my systems. Great remote and very cheap at www.buy.com . 9 Macros in total. It was just reviewed. I plan on getting a Harmony 880 later this month since the Sony doesn't have all the discrete codes I need for the HD Tivo that I have. Since the original remote doesn't have the discrete code (Standby), the Sony can't learn it.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokerblue
www.remotecentral.com has a lot of great reviews.

I have two Sony RM-VL710 remotes for two of my systems. Great remote and very cheap at www.buy.com . 9 Macros in total. It was just reviewed. I plan on getting a Harmony 880 later this month since the Sony doesn't have all the discrete codes I need for the HD Tivo that I have. Since the original remote doesn't have the discrete code (Standby), the Sony can't learn it.
Pick up the radio shack 15-2142 for $10, using setup code VCR 0618, the advanced code for standby is 00152. teach it to your sony's.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmund
Pick up the radio shack 15-2142 for $10, using setup code VCR 0618, the advanced code for standby is 00152. teach it to your sony's.
> Much thanks for the suggestion!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the suggestions, but I took the advice of someone from another site and went with the One for All 6131 for $12 and it is great. I have it setup to controll everything (it even has functions that my original remotes didn't have. It is by far the best $12 investment I have ever made.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.