Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I'm putting together a new system. I will probably buy a Denon 1802. I have a Velodyne CT-120 sub. My room is not the perfect room, and I can't have speakers standing on the floor(those women!!!
) I have about $1k to spend on speakers. I was looking at the Paradigm Ams-300's with a different center channel, but I don't know how well they would work in this room. I appreciate any advice.

I will have to go out of town to demo any speakers so I am trying to get a general idea of what I want before I set out and demo them.

Here is the room. I hope its clear enough. All of the walls are 9' and the ceiling slopes up to about 14' in the middle.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Bryan - Interesting room! You can mount surround speakers on the ceiling, if you need to, and if the placement has them on an angled ceiling you could build wedges to mount them on that would make them parallel to the floor, rather than having them angled because of the ceiling.

Give a listen to the Klipsch Synergy series. Since you already have the sub covered (I just recently upgraded from my CT-120 -- it's a good sub for its size/price), check out the SB-2 fronts, SC-1 center, and SS-1 surrounds. If you buy online (non-authorized dealer alert), you might be able to step up to the SB-3 fronts and still be in your budget. Or, even the Reference Series with the RB-3, RC-3 center, and RS-3 surrounds.

Doug

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply Doug,

I have heard good and bad things about klipsch but I will have to give them a listen. Those sb-2's didn't pass, I would have to use the scw's . Do you think they would be comparable? I would have to mount the ss-1's on the ceiling at an angle, I wonder how that would sound.

Well i'm going to get back to looking at the millions of different speakers there are out there :) , thanks.

-Bryan

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anybody else have a suggestion?

I realy like the way those rs-3's mount against the wall. There doesn't seem to be as many wall mountable front speakers out there.

-Bryan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.