AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a pair of Martin Logan Clarity's. I have a NAD 773 and would like to add a nice sub and center speaker to the system. Do to size of the room restrictions I will probably use Martin Logan Frescos for the backs. My friend suggested I go with SVS for the sub because they come in a cylinder shape and he said they are better than Martin logan Grotto or Depth subs. I really need help with a good center thet I can run with the NAD 773. All suggestions will be appreciated . Thanks

·
Registered
283 Posts
I am not real familiar with electrostatic speakers but I suspect that it is just as important to timbre match them with a center channel as it is for direct radiating speakers. Martin Logan makes/sells a couple of center channel speakers. Perhaps you should contact your dealer or Martin Logan and ask which of them goes best with your Clarity's. I'm sure it's more important to match your CC with the mains than it is to match them with your receiver. The NAD 773 will probably drive any speaker well.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I second jimmymit - it is very important to match your front three spkrs. Why would you not consider the Martin Logan centers?

As for subs, you need to match the sub size to your room. Though SVS makes great subs (i own two of their box subs) i heard very good things about ML subs. You probably wont go wrong choosing either.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.