AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do I need to look for before I let the white glove delivery crew leave my home.

Is there anything to look for to be sure that the new TV is acceptable beyond the obvious visual condition of the box.

·
Registered
302 Posts
theyll open it for you so u can check for any damage...so take a good walk around the tv...even check the botton/near the bottom for dents....also check to make sure there are 5 fans. there are some stories on here with people only having 4 and an empty vent. Also if you live somewhere where its cold they will probably say you cant turn it on till the tv reaches room temperature because the could can cause condensation on the inside of the set if the tv is turned on. but if your persistent with them and tell them that in the manual it states the tv can operated from 32 degrees they may allow u to turn it on

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
.. some veterans of this Forum have noted to write "subject to inspection" on the invoice; this protects you in-lieu of a "thorough" inspection if you're unable to start 'er up or any other complications. Also, some in past have noted their new unit having or 'not' having all the stickers surrounding the bezel. Not sure if that's a problem or not, but something to note. Lastly, if you are able to inspect/open, which you probably will be .. just check the general condition of the packing, the manual (has it been opened/or not), warranty card, etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts