AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I'm intrigued by the 5308. I'd like to see it mirror the 5805CI, except for the full fledged ability to drive two different 5.1 systems. I rather have something that could drive one 7.1 system, using demanding low impedance speakers, than two 5.1 systems. Sort of an updated 5803A for a big chunk less than the 5805CI.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mikeyj: I was hearing the April / May time frame, but at CES Denon was talking "later this year" although April IS later this year then now

egrady: A little overkill for my needs and wallet

·
Premium Member
4,200 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by egrady /forum/post/0

I'm intrigued by the 5308. I'd like to see it mirror the 5805CI, except for the full fledged ability to drive two different 5.1 systems. I rather have something that could drive one 7.1 system, using demanding low impedance speakers, than two 5.1 systems. Sort of an updated 5803A for a big chunk less than the 5805CI.

I am wondering what the difference will be between the 5308 and the 4308?

I only use my 4306 as a processor so the separate processor also is interesting

( if the price isn't higher than the 4308/5308 )...

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
Thanks for the link, best coverage I've seen of the CES Denon showing. I'm not sure if I like the new styling, but hey whatcha gonna do with a 40lb black box?

Glad to see Denon pushing the envelope again, gotta keep other companies on their toes!

·
Registered
63 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam S /forum/post/0

Thanks for the link, best coverage I've seen of the CES Denon showing. I'm not sure if I like the new styling, but hey whatcha gonna do with a 40lb black box?

Glad to see Denon pushing the envelope again, gotta keep other companies on their toes!

Yeah, best coverage I've seen too, and it's a bunch of low rez, fuzzy pics, and not too much info (watts? channels?). Still, I really want one. Streaming FLAC!

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its hard to make out the styling due to the low res pics... seems a bit curved on the vertical face. I'd prefer a flat face myself, but its certainly not the ugliest thing out there by a long, long shot. Still one of the better looking pieces if you like the classic black (which I do).

I'm guessing the pics are low res because they were taken discretely with a cell phone camera or something. Remember, this was a closed door thing where people probably had to sign NDAs

·
Registered
485 Posts
Do I see 4 HDMI inputs and 2 HDMI outputs on the top left to center? That would be cool!!

·
Registered
5,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdmai /forum/post/0

Do I see 4 HDMI inputs and 2 HDMI outputs on the top left to center? That would be cool!!

I was wondering the same...Can anybody confirm? Sledge? It is kind of hard to tell from the pic.

Thanks!

_____

Axel

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Dang I was going to go with the new 380X..but this thing might do the trick. Still 130W/CH ya think?

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I wasnt there, so I couldn't tell you what it has other then whats posted in that link
. It does look like 4x2 HDMI to me too though. I'd say it NEEDS 4+ HDMI to be competitive since the Pio Elite has 4 inputs. DCDi over HQV is definitely a let down. Can't believe they wouldn't even toss the REON in there

I'd say at this point all specs are still subject to change (remember the electrical tape over the iLink incident with the AVR-4306?), so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

·
Registered
231 Posts

SledgeHammer said:
I'd say at this point all specs are still subject to change (remember the electrical tape over the iLink incident with the AVR-4306?)/
I don't, can you elaborate on that ?

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Fan /forum/post/0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SledgeHammer /forum/post/0

I'd say at this point all specs are still subject to change (remember the electrical tape over the iLink incident with the AVR-4306?)

I don't, can you elaborate on that ?

When specs/pics of the AVR-4306 first came out, it was supposed to / rumored to have iLink. Then pics started showing up with a piece of electrical tape over the iLink port. Finally, the iLink port was dropped in the production model.

·
Registered
5,596 Posts
First I've heard of it, but since the 4306 doesn't have firewire/iLink, I'd imagine their prototype did.

Moral of the story: let's wait to see what is actually released (in this case, hopefully HQV instead of DCDi). And we can still hope for firewire.

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
I imagine Firewire will drop from all the Denon receivers line except maybe the 5805ci and the upcoming high end pre-amp.

When the 2930ci/3930ci showed up with no IEEE1394, ya knew the end was near for this transmission format.

And how many DVD players made it out the door with IEEE1394? Six models?

1 - 20 of 138 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.