AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I have been going through this thread for a while now and i have decided to convert my garage into a home theatre.,

I am very new to this with little knowledge but i have the funds to use my garage as a learning process.

My Garage details as follow.

Width- 10'

Height- 9'

Length- 20'

I am looking for an architect who can come up with a solution for me and also guide me on the type of equipments i should purchase.

Attached to this post is the prototype design of what i would like to achieved.

I am looking forward to good response.

Cheers guys

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
The easy choice is going to be checking the sticky thread at the top of this forum, and contacting the Erskine Group. Word is, it's not just the easy choice, but also a sound investment. (I'm so punny, I crack myself up)

I imagine there is someone reasonably local to you as well, but a person able to make that recommendation (not me) would need to know your location.

·
RETIRED theater builder
36,374 Posts
I don't think you have the width to do that design unless you are only planning on one close row of seating. The screen looks to be about 50% of the room width and that would mean a 5 ft wide screen. Not saying you can't keep the choice of finishes but the stone columns and bookshelves will squeeze the space available for a screen.

·
Premium Member
8,710 Posts
You're not going to get that in 10' of width as Big suggests .... unless, of course, you're into minature models (architects love 'em because it keeps the jr. members of the firm busy and out of the way).

As to that specfic room/look. If that's the look you want, make a family room and hang a flat panel on the wall, not a dedicated home theater. That's exactly the kind of "pretty" an architect, or interior destroyer without specific knowledge/experience in acoustics/performance venues would come up with.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Erskine /forum/post/20786845

That's exactly the kind of "pretty" an architect, or interior destroyer without specific knowledge/experience in acoustics/performance venues would come up with.

I always thought they were called Artichokes and Interior Desecrators.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts