AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post here so be gentle lol. I am close to finishing this room and its taken me so long i cant remember when i started! I'm open to any comments questions or criticisms lol
Here's a few pictures to start. the room is 10.5x 23.0 with 8' ceilings(drop ceiling, black 2x2 squares from home depot kit). carpet looks brown in the pictures but its black with white specs. walls are painted flat black- big mistake! great for zero reflections BUT it scuffs up if you even look at it! Terrible idea painting it with flat paint. I'm going to repaint at some point. Chairs are from 4seating, Anthem series loveseat and couch combo. I'm very pleased with them! It took awhile to ship but winter happened lol. Lots of Hobby Lobby wall décor with posters mixed in. Amazon pillows, Klipsch speaker package from Adorama, lower end set with Atmos. I purchased another 12" subwoofer for two and placed one up front and the other one behind the couch in the back. Butcher block counter tops from home depot(had to join two pieces to make one). Stained black. Cupboards from Depot as well. Using a Ben Q projector1070 i believe at the moment? and Yamaha Aventage RX-A780. My daughter and i built the frame for the screen with 1x4 pine and i purchased a roll of screen material from Amazon, pure white, 110" and wrapped it around the frame. i tacked some LED lights behind it for back lighting. I have also built a 10" riser for the rear seating, it is strictly under the couch. i also placed a 43" tv on the wall with the movieposter app streaming posters and trailers...more pictures to come.
If i missed anything let me know! thanks for any input...

Attachments

·
Registered
310 Posts
Have those same exact pillows with similar carpet and color choice. Amazing setup complete with snack bar. Love the seating too.

·
Registered
160 Posts
What are you trying to improve on? Anything in particular or are you just looking for some constructive criticism? How many speakers are you running; 5.2, 7.2, 7.2.2, or 7.2.4? Hard to tell from your pix.

The speaker placement with the sides are tough just because your room is so narrow and you have fairly wide chairs. I'd look at bipole speakers or try to move your sides between the two rows of chairs and rerun your room correction software. I'm not sure where you usually sit so maybe they're at the best spot already.

Klipsch is not known for their subwoofers. A great upgrade would be to replace at least one with something like VTF-2 MK5 Subwoofer or PB-1000 or something that can hit below 20Hz. A few more choices here depending on your budget.

Lots of options for tactile response like BOSS or bass shakers.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Looks awesome!

·
Registered
114 Posts
First off, Congrats!!!

Put your second row on a riser that buts up to your front row. Otherwise your back row may not see anything. You could have it end at the back of your second row. Does not have to be to big.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i'm currently running 7.2 but switch to 5.2.2 when i have something that has a nice atmos soundtrack. i will definitely upgrade the subs at some point but having just purchased all of this stuff in the last six months it may be awhile! having placed the subs front to back, and really fine tuned everything, it sounds like a freight train is running through my house and it drives my wife nuts i think. so mission accomplished!
:ROFLMAO:
i have just built a riser for the back row...i noticed that right away! its just under the couch so no step up to the seating just a higher than normal seat. i may still have to raise it a couple inches but we will see after some use.
having the room so narrow has not really been an issue, even with those side speakers but you are definitely right i may have to tweak placement a bit and move them slightly back. they do sound great when sitting in the front row though.
thank you everyone for the nice comments! and suggestions! i wish i had found this place sooner!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts