AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, i have a question regarding the uses of green glue and my new home theater,

Bellow is a shot of the proposed location of the theater room i will be adding onto the house, there is an enclosed garage with two windows to the right (when facing the house from the front),

My plan is to build a separate room onto the side of the garage (14x24x9), replace one window with a door/entry into the home theater, the only connection the room will have to the rest of the house is via that door, the ceiling will be separate for the room and not linked to the ceiling of the main house,

Seeing that the room will be relatively far away from the main living spaces within the house, i don't see the need for much sound proofing, room walls will be concrete block, so i was planning to line the walls with 2x4 framing and apply one layer of drywall with pink fiberglass insulation,

Is it still recommended that i still use double drywall and green glue to help with my acoustical performance/treatment, or is green glue strictly for sound proofing and would be a waste in my particular case?

Looking forward to your responses;

Proposed Spears for room encase it's needed to formulate a proper response:

Three Paradigm Signature S6 (LCR) Behind false wall

Four Paradigm Signature ADP3 for surrounds (In columns)

Two Paradigm Signature Sub 25s behind false wall

Thanks

Mike.

Theater Area.jpg 302k .jpg file

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
I was in almost the same boat as you with having a soundproofing dilemma but after reading this forum and talking to some of the folks on here, it's a rather cheap solution to use GreenGlue and a second layer of drywall to soundproof, I think it will mostly give you a piece of mind and ensures the sounds stays in more! the convinced me to spend a little more and make some soundproofing efforts!

Mehdi

1 - 4 of 4 Posts