AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I was hoping to get some input on a theater I am putting in to existing space in my basement. Not much can be done about the space but I believe it will be functional. I have attached a diagram of the layout and speaker placement. The first question I have is about the sub. I have a raised floor and have thought about placing an in floor sub. I don't mind having the sub in a corner but figured if I could place it below why not? Does anyone have any experience with these subs? Was thinking of the Polk CSW200. I have the additional component information below. The other question I have is regarding the side/rear surrounds. I was thinking of installing Polk FXI A6s on the sides just above seating head height in bipole mode. Is this a good idea or should I look at dedicated side and rear speakers? Ceiling height for this room is 8' and in the diagram the center channel is about 5' closer than the screen mounted in front of a HVAC return. It lowers the ceiling from there to the screen by about 10". This will mostly be a sports/movie/gaming room. Very little/no music. I am going to add a Golden Tee and run it through the system as well as PS3.

Thanks for taking a look!

Reciever Onkyo TX-SR876, 806 or 607 any opinions? A friend was talking about the new 7.2 line. Not sure how that effects speakers.

Front Polk RTI A5s

Center CSI A6

Side/Rear FXI A6

Sub CSW200?

Projector Epson 6500UB

1 - 2 of 2 Posts