Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
I am a new dealer for them. I saw the material and it is impressive. When I get my screen I could answer more. The new masking system is coming out now and pricing should be given later this week. I have the new brochure and could e-mail.(can I put an attachment here).

Most screens with and without masking should be in the Stewart range or lower. You can add a seperate masking system to most screens that you currently have in place now!!!! Masking can be used with Crestron,AMX ,IR,r232 but not RF as of now.

The biggest difference is that the material is woven and not micoperf. No moire on smaller screens. It comes in white or grey,if needed. No gain ,per se. The masking material and screen are "Acoustically Neutral or transparent if you will". You can put your center channel or other speaker right behind the screen with no use of an equalizer!!!!!!

The frame is wonderfully made and a really nice design. Very highclass with black velour for overscan standard.

Only the Sp2 material is being used,THX certified. The sp1 is no longer being used.

The screen is applied with a "tension" device and not with snaps or velcro. This company really did their homework!!!!

Hope this helps

Larry

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Yes, I do like mine very much. I have nothing in the works for an article, at least that I'm aware of!

Any specific questions I will be happy to answer.

I would be remiss if I didn't point out that unlike the Stewart material, the ClearPix2 fabric does not require an equalizer.

Best Regards,

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by John Kotches
Yes, I do like mine very much. I have nothing in the works for an article, at least that I'm aware of!

Any specific questions I will be happy to answer.

I would be remiss if I didn't point out that unlike the Stewart material, the ClearPix2 fabric does not require an equalizer.

Best Regards,

John, which projector are you using on this screen?

Are you using the white or grey material?

What size is your screen?

Do you wish it had more gain?

Thanks

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Brad:

In response to your questions:

Quote:
which projector are you using on this screen?
A Studio Experience 2HD, which is a Sanyo PLV-Z2 clone. It was quicker to get the Studio Experience version for me :)

Quote:
Are you using the white or grey material?
I'm using white with a .95 gain.....

Quote:
What size is your screen?
Nothing too exotic. It's an 80x45" (92" Diagonal). It's a little larger than optimal for the room (75" would be optimal) but I think I'll live with the "excess".

Quote:
Do you wish it had more gain?
Initially I did. But now that I"m getting used to it it's dandy. I went from a Stewart Firehawk to this screen, though I didn't ever project the 2HD on a firehawk.

The gain difference between the Stewart (microperfed) and the Screen Research is about .25 (1.2ish vs. .95). So the Screen Research isn't going to have the same amount of pop. If your projector has sufficient lumens I don't think it's going to be problematic. For me screen 400 is about ideal for the standard cinema brightness (15-20 ANSI Lumens).

Cheers,

·
Registered
37 Posts
John,

Does any of the projected light go through the screen?

My biggest problem is that my current screen rolls down in front of a light coloured book case and any light that makes it through the screen is then reflected back. There is no way my wife will let me paint the shelves, so I need an acoustically transparent screen that also completely blocks light. Is this too much to ask?

·
Registered
900 Posts
Hi,

There is a black acoustically transperarent material that can be ordered with the screen for this purpose. You put it behind the screen material and that should take care of your problem.

Plus...this will make your wife happy

Larry

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
So, to answer the question directly, there is light spill through the screen. Being realistic, if the fabric is transparent to sound, the frequencies involved for light will probably pass to some degree as well, depending on color :)

Since my room is black all around, this isn't problematic for me....

Best Regards,

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
For those of you considering testing a sample of the ClearPix2 fabric. The smooth side is the side you project on. Do NOT project on the textured side as this will diffuse the light hitting it resulting in a slightly blurry image. If you are placing the sample over an existing screen make sure that you place black fabric inbetween the two screen materials to prevent light that passes through the ClearPix2 from bouncing off the screen behind and back through the ClearPix2. This can also result in a diffused image. Don't ask me how I figured this out:confused:

·
Registered
900 Posts
Larry,

How does the black material work a motorized screen setup? Is this something I could use with my current Da-lite perf screen?

Pkcrawford,

Hi, the black material is not yet ready for the motorized screen but they are working on it.

I don't know if you could use this on a perforated screen. It is made for a woven screen and don't know the effect will have on a perf. You could try black fabric acoustic material like GOM- Guilford of Maine 701 Black. I would call Da-lite and ask them what they suggest though.

Larry

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.