AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a Canon HG20. I will mainly be creating instructional guitar videos in my 12x12 music room. I need recommendatons on lighting for that small of a room. The ceiling is about 9 feet. Should I get a kit or buy everything separate?

ALso, I have a good mic for audio and was wondering where it should be placed - by the camera or above me out of sight?

thanks,

brian

·
Registered
1,206 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhuether /forum/post/15430799

Just got a Canon HG20. I will mainly be creating instructional guitar videos in my 12x12 music room. I need recommendatons on lighting for that small of a room. The ceiling is about 9 feet. Should I get a kit or buy everything separate?

ALso, I have a good mic for audio and was wondering where it should be placed - by the camera or above me out of sight?

thanks,

brian

you should use a 3 point lighting technique....fill, key and Hair or Back light....search google or youtube you will find many videos on that...

You can go the total DIY route and go buy some cheap worklights from Home Depot and use a Paper Sheet as a Diffuser or just bounce the lights off a wall...

OR

You can order a kit off the internet which I did...For $200 you can have a very very good kit that will be perfect for your needs... http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...ree_Flood.html

I use this exact kit and get many uses out of it and is a great deal...

Not as far as microphones....I assume you will be shooting in stereo because of the guitar lessons SO it is important you keep the mic on or in the same directional plane as the cameras shooting angle...

this will allow the viewer or student in your case to act as if they are sitting across from you or next to you which will wont throw them off if the mic is stationery in a corner somewhere...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.