AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy my first DVD player. I am looking for a 5 CD changer, with Progressive Scan and good compatibility with various formats VCD, SVCD etc. I am looking for something under 400.00. I have done some research and have found only 3 units that meet the pricing criteria and seem to have a lot of excellent features.

Sony DVP-NC655P

Panasonic DVD-CP67K

Philips DVD793C

Is there any recommendations good or bad regarding any of these units ? Are there any reviews that I could look at ?

Thanks for the help on my first DVD player.

Cheers

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
There is a Toshiba that has a 5 disc carousel also, I own a SD-4800 from Toshiba. I bought it because I can zoom it and make the zoom icon disapeer.

If this is the only response you get work with the AVS search engine and just put the model number in and press search.:)

·
Registered
205 Posts
I do not believe that the Panasonic can do SVCD. I just bought the CP72K and it does not (according to the manual).

Also, you may want to add the CP72K to your list as it can be had at under $200 (after $30 rebate) and it is compatible with DVD-Audio. I bought mine from www.jandr.com and am very pleased with the experience. Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.