AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I am new to this forum although I have been surfing through the forums over the last couple of years.

I am in New Zealand and have just purchased a Electrohome 3500 Data grade projector and a scaler(TVeiw Quadscan) I also got a "spares" Electrohome 2500 in the purchase price. this is fitted with a ACON camera.

I am looking foward to getting the system up and running.

I may be asking some silly questions so please humor me, but I promise to hunt the threads before I ask!!

Are there many people using the EHome 3500 on this forum?

Cheers

Daniel Martin

·
Registered
18,507 Posts
Not too many at this point, but they are good little sets, and as long as the tubes are in good shape, you should be good for a few years. THe weak point of the setup will be the Quadscan. I never liked them, but it's fine to start with, but you can upgrade down the road. Manuals and such are here:

http://www.curtpalme.com/ElectrohomeECP.shtm

Congrats!

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
AFAIK None of us here use ECP's anymore but that doesn't mean you can't have fun with yours. Your timing is perfect , someone just put a whole bunch pf ECP stuff on flea-bay. You might want to ge tsome of the stuff Curt is talking about that fails regularly or a ceiling mount?

Maybe an HD fury transcoder to send HDMI from blue ray to RGB for the ECP. 1080i should look good if you keep the screen down to a reasonable size, 72" wide left/right should give you acceptable light output .

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Curt, I have scanned over your web site front to back and over and over.. it is really good info thanks. I continually look for a better crt projector with 8-9" tubes. I am not sure how many are around here in New Zealand. I got mine through a local auction site called Trademe. I am always looking but as yet only 7" units have popped up and are lower rated units than my ECP 3500.

Have you ever, or would you entertain shipping a unit to New Zealand if you had one available (talking in the future of course). Could be good value for me if the exchange rate stays where it is.

Cheers! Daniel

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.