AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a quick question since I am just getting into the HDTV thing..

I have Directv and the ecliptic disk with dual LNB's and 4 outputs, this model of dish I believe was discribed as having a HDTV antenna or something.

Is the Direct dish going to allow me to receive local over air HD signals or just Directv HD programs.

Do I need anytihng else? Do I still need a seperate antenna?

With Directv do I have to tune into a specific SAT 110, 119 , etcc.

·
Registered
506 Posts
An elipitical disk with 2 LNBs will enable you to receive HDNET (free with TotalChoice and above) and HBO HD (must buy premium HBOs). One other HD channel is available on D* but you must have the 3rd LNB installed on your dish to receive - HD Showtime (must buy premium Showtimes). You can search other threads to find D* customer retention offer for S&H only for the 3rd LNB kit for self install (approx $8).

HD network signals are not available on D* but rather OTA if you are in a major city, etc. HD OTA signals are received on a convential antenna - larger antenna the farther you are from the stations.

I'm almost done installing the same items (3rd LNB installed, Antenna installed, HD STB arrives Friday). Search the various forums - there is alot of great information. All of these items are covered in detail.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by sbonaparte
With Directv do I have to tune into a specific SAT 110, 119 , etcc.
You just have to make sure you set up your DirecTV receiver correctly. i.e. choose "Oval Dish, 3 LNBs."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.